• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Barstow to Vegas 2013

Only been waiting 20 minutes thus far and near the front of the line already.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Here's what it was like leaving Barstow last year, madhouse and stupid cold!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84o-5dVw93w"]LA-Barstow to Vegas 2012- Leaving Barstow Saturday Morning. - YouTube[/ame]

Watch at 2:35 and you can see Thrasher snap this pic. :photo:

IMG_0742Copy.jpg

Good luck today M and SB, have fun on that insane sand road outside of Baker! :rofl: :rider:

M just called back, SB made it to the hotel. :clap: Turns out the reason he backtracked out of Red Rock was due to a big traffic jam getting through there.

edit; Now y'all go get drunk at the banquet! :party: And take PICS!!! :photo:

Last edited:
Good going fellers.

SB is immune to cold. Anyone who fly and rides a dual sport from the great white North in the winter won't be troubled with snow in Nevada. :trust:

M just called back, SB made it to the hotel. :clap: Turns out the reason he backtracked out of Red Rock was due to a big traffic jam getting through there.

Yep the hard route option was too much snow, ice and slippery rocks (near zero traction without a little momentum) and everybody was getting stuck and crashing and blocking the trail. We made it through two log jams and then it got really tough. The two KTM 500's in our group we were able to get through by pushing them but then people starting turning around after clearing that spot saying 2-3 more jams with long ques ahead. That and the fourth rider in our group was on a BMW 650 Dakar so I volunteered to ride back out with him and back onto the easy route. Better to get more seat time and ride the easy route than wait in long lines and fight the heavy bike under those conditions. When we got back to the trailhead they had already closed it down and not letting riders go up anymore.

2013-11-30144841_zps5b00b5ef.jpg

2013-11-30144029_zps9bb66d93.jpg

_

SB, enjoyed the trip and looking forward to the next one.

Thanks to Rman and Mototex for dropping by to welcome us home.

There is 4 days of video to edit. I'll post a link to the ride report once it is done. In the meantime many of the riders are posting up their memories on D37's forum at this link: How was LA-B-to-V?

Check one off the bucket list!

m

:clap: Way to go M and SB. Looking forward to some pics and video.:photo:

Hey Rman and moto tex. Y'all's pointing looks fake :).

Signatures ???? We don't need no stinking signatures !!!!!

I'm like the umpire behind the plate , I just call it like I see it. Lol

Signatures ???? We don't need no stinking signatures !!!!!

Back