• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

M38A1 / 2016 Pic-A-Day

I really like the lightbulb shot! I bet it was hard to get the focus on the filament. I have a hard enough time on thin grasses and such sometimes :)

Thanks Jennifer. Yes, the focus was difficult at best and took several shots to get it right.

07/14/2016
Today was hot, so I suggested to Rusty to meet at Circle Brewing for a cold one. His lovely bride "V" also joined us for a pleasant evening sipping a local craft brew or two. This shot is representative of our evening.
i-4vhZcW3-XL.jpg

great shot
my OCD is wondering why the table is so unlevel. :lol2:
fill flash, or just natural light?

Thx Gary. The picnic table was uneven so I left it like that. I suppose I could have leveled it? Light was natural, about 8pm and directly behind my back/front of the subject. Sort of had to work around not casting a shadow on the beer. We'll be back for sure as we had a good time.

Thx Gary. The picnic table was uneven so I left it like that. I suppose I could have leveled it? Light was natural, about 8pm and directly behind my back/front of the subject. Sort of had to work around not casting a shadow on the beer. We'll be back for sure as we had a good time.

it's good; adds to the story/mystery.

07/15/2016
His name is "Pandy" and he went to the hospital with me in my crib when I had my tonsils out age three. It's an old bear on this old guys 'day', and Mom couldn't resist making a table ornament out of him for dinner this evening. So you're all stuck with Pandy for today. :-) As for the missing eye, Mom thinks I ate it. :sun: Kind of fun to see her keeping these little tidbits of my life after all these years.
i-9PBK385-XL.jpg

07/16/2016
Today was another client shoot and I chose this one for my pic today as the image points out a couple things. First, it's a lot of work to get good shots in challenging lighting conditions, and today was no exception. And secondly, I just love full access to venues to do my job and standing in the middle of their path with the zoom just provides an opportunity for these cool head-on type of shots. So today I present "#168" as my pic-a-day.
i-2MrB6DB-XL.jpg

Good sharp picture but a little disturbing. Just saying. I guess its good if a picture causes one to pause. Still disturbing though.

Good sharp picture but a little disturbing. Just saying. I guess its good if a picture causes one to pause. Still disturbing though.

I wandered down to graffiti park this morning and saw this work in progress. The artist had just come down off his ladder and was ready to go back up so I figured I better snag it while it was clean looking instead of having him in the shot. I'm curious what's disturbing about it. The content or the perfect ladder placement? Something else?

I think its the ladder placement. I guess it makes my eyes itch.:shrug:

I really am amazed you and Rusty can do this day in and day out. Its got to be a lot of work.

So are there any "rules" in that park about when/what you can just paint over? I could see things getting a little ugly if there were some people competing for the same "canvas" space...

In the lower left you can make out a bit of a request that said "work in progress, please respect". From what I gather, folks pretty much abide by those when large works are being created. I suppose I could wander down today and see what happened over the night/this morning to confirm that. I know the July 4th full size mural was done about the 3rd/4th and has now pretty much been obliterated from ground level to about 8'. The top portion is still intact.

The cool part about this place is, the works change daily. I also chuckled as I saw a family of mom/dad and three kids each walking up to the wall and each of the three kids had a can of paint. So it's turned into a family thing now I suppose. There really are some seriously talented people who contribute, but there's also just the taggers/political crap too.

I was just curious if there were any unwritten but generally respected rules. I am also kind of curious if anyone in the City has given thought to potential environmental issues with that much paint being deposited in one place over a prolonged period of time :ponder: I wonder if other cities have created similar places like this?

From what I understand, this is private property so no city involvement. I would think items such as graffiti, trash, a criminal element and other things would be present with such an installation. But the city seems to turn an eye as maybe it's a public tourist draw which equals money?

Not sure is the ladder meets OSHA's 4 to 1 rule. For every four foot of height the base must be out at least a foot. I think that only applies when a human is on it. :ponder:
Good shot as always Scott. Glad I don't have to do a shot a day, it would be a challenge unless it was a shot of a shot of Tequila. :argh:

Lime and salt and jigger Memories of Soap Creek Saloon on Wednesday 50/cents/shot and bad Thursday ay work , if we made it.
Place the lime , salt, and jigger, and photo wins my contest. Mescal will knock it in the dirt. They say the worm in bottom will make a person illuminate.

Jigger = Shot glass? I always thought of a jigger as the metal measurement vessels. Can't say I've ever taken a shot out of a jigger.

Back