• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

End of Month Ride (Southern Style)

For anyone who's interested, there will be a group of us meeting up in La Porte, and riding over together. We'll be meeting up at the Stripes gas station at the corner of Fairmont Parkway, and Canada Drive @ 1000, KSU @ 1015:

See you guys in the morning :rider::eat:

La Porte Weather.png

Last edited:
Great weather for a EOM ride today, and it sure was fun. Four brave souls met up in La Porte and rode over from the West, while the other two joined up with us at the restaurant from the East side. Here's some pics of the day:

PXL_20240330_162819137.jpg

@grumpy48 'n' @danco302

PXL_20240330_162821200.jpg

@GSer

PXL_20240330_163204488.jpg

@lawman1841

PXL_20240330_163209208.jpg

@tdf-texas

PXL_20240330_171322287.jpg

How is he going to eat that burger?!!

PXL_20240330_171325107.jpg

The food was excellent as always.

PXL_20240330_181806258.jpg

The spot

PXL_20240330_181839885.jpg

PXL_20240330_181832271.jpg

PXL_20240330_181825889.MP.jpg

The sweet steeds!

PXL_20240330_181743960a.MP.jpg

Nobody left hungry, but everyone left happy. Hope everyone made it home safe and sound, and I'm already looking forward to seeing y'all again next month. Stay tuned.. :rider::eat:

ps Would one of you guys try to remember to bring a bottle of that silver hair coloring we use for poor @danco302? Poor guy, I hate for him to feel self-conscious.

Attachments

• PXL_20240330_181806258.jpg
    PXL_20240330_181806258.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
ps Would one of you guys try to remember to bring a bottle of that silver hair coloring we use for poor @danco302? Poor guy, I hate for him to feel self-conscious.
Genetics, buddy :D
Another great ride with good food and awesome people. Can't wait till the next one!

With the upcoming Mini Moto ride already scheduled for the last weekend of this month, I'm moving the April EOM ride to Saturday, 20th. See post #1 for details.

I've been meaning to post this map for our 2024 ride schedule, especially since I've received some great suggestions for eating places to try. Unfortunately, it's hard to accommodate all, as we live in so many directions and distances away. I've said before that I'm trying to keep it in a 75-mile radius if possible, and I try to pick stuff in all directions, and move it around accordingly to be fair. Hope this helps, but again, it's not a dictatorship; I am always open and welcome suggestions. Like herding cats, though, it ain't always easy to please everyone! Lemme know what y'all think, and looking forward to seeing you again soon! :rider::eat:

2024 EOM Rides w Radius.png

Last meet up at #11, there was extra protein on the table if you get my drift.
Also, # 12 must of had a ownership and or chef change. Not their finest hour.

Plotted on a map like that, it’s easy to see how far outside of Houston the meets really are. Very good perspective view. What about something inside the loop? I don’t really have anything specific in mind, but there’s got to be some pretty good dives someone here knows of.

Always open to suggestions. The idea behind EOM rides though, is not just the food/venue, but the ride itself. This is why they are usually outside of town, typically in smaller towns, at a more hole-in-the-wall/mom-n-pop kinda place. While you can find those in town too, Houston traffic is usually what folks are trying to avoid.

It's time to head north, so the April, Southern Style EOM ride will be held at Lone Star Charlie's in Livingston, Texas.

Due to a conflict with the upcoming Mini Moto ride, already scheduled for the 27th, this April EOM ride will be held on Saturday, 20th around 1130... ish!

As usual, please reply here so we can be courteous and give them a head count. See y'all there! :rider::eat:
I am going to miss this one because I will be riding in the hill country.

With so many having other plans, a general lack of enthusiasm for this date, and the weather looking iffy, should we just cancel for this month, and pick it up again on the next one?

How bout we keep Lone Star Charlies as the destination but set for next month? Livingston can be reached by riding down nice country roads and the food is good.

Well, the problem there is that then we'd have to eliminate one of the other ones ahead, and someone else would be put out then. Which one would you choose, and how do you explain that to someone looking forward to that one? Herding cats ain't easy! Once we start changing things up, then it never ends, so I prefer to keep it simple. Is it because of the date change? That's my fault, and I apologize, but I already know of four of our regular group that are already committed to the other ride on the 27th, so figured it would be best. From now on, I'll leave the dates as the last Saturday of each month, and if folks can't show up, then so be it.

I think the weather for Saturday is going to be a wait and see sort of thing, but I can't go anyway. Should have some freedom back after Saturday though!

Back