• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MexTrek 2008 attendance list

Ok I will be there as well. Paid up and ready to ride:rider:
Any one going dowm to C.C. then over give me a PM
Ross

add me- going to the CMA - changing of the colours Rally(Mena,AR) and then heading to Galeana

Looks like business has me tied up and I will not be going. I have a hotel reserved in Galeana that I will cancel today. If some one is still in need of a room send me a note.

Don't cancel. MexTrek is taking all the rooms at the Jardin. "Cancelling" will just confuse Phelilpe. We will refine the roster Thursday morning.
Right, Richard?

Looks like business has me tied up and I will not be going. I have a hotel reserved in Galeana that I will cancel today. If some one is still in need of a room send me a note.

Does this mean you will be at Marini's tomorrow night?

Does this mean you will be at Marini's tomorrow night?

Yes. I will be at Marini's. As usuall one of my energy contracts is being signed today or tomorrow so I could not chance being out of touch with my client.

MexTrek run 10/22/08

Hello,
I'm shooting to leave on the 22nd around 4:45am from Pflugerville, TX. 78660 (N.Austin.) HEB located at Wells Branch Pkwy and IH35.
Anyone who wants to meet there and ride out together can meet me there. It's up to you what route you would like to take, we can ride together part of the way or the whole way, no strings attached.
I have 3 ways to get down to Galeana 1-Laredo 2-Reynosa or my favorite 3, the los Indios bridge in Harlingen which I travel through four to five times every year. I haven't yet decided which way I'm taking, the 3rd is longer but safer, and with less traffic. 1 and 2 are the quickest but they have much more traffic.
I have my vehicle permit done already, so I will not stop at the Mexico border for the permit.
But I might help if necessary to facilitate those who do need to stop to acquire the permit.
Also, I haven't made my hotel reservations yet, I'm fixing to do that soon, thou.
Also for those who did made reservations already and not longer are going, please cancel it so those of us that are going will have a chance to find
rooms.
Thank you and have safe ride!

Last edited:
I feel dumb. I just realized the trip is next week and not this week. It looks like I may be available next week so I am back on the list.:rider:

I feel dumb. I just realized the trip is next week and not this week. It looks like I may be available next week so I am back on the list.:rider:

The good news is that you are back on the list. And if everyone else is like me, I wish it was starting today. I'm ready to go.

Re: MexTrek run 10/22/08

I understand from another thread that the group has already promised the management full occupancy. There is also another hotel available. I don't think reservations are necessary at this time and I do understand that cancellations are definitely not a good idea since it may cause great confusion at that front desk. Check with Richard and also those other threads. I have always used Los Indios for my crosssing into Mexico, especially heading to Cd. Victoria. The southern loop around Reynosa during busy hours can be a literal ****. I am going to meet some of the group early Wednesday at the Motel 6 and cross at the McAllen bridge. I think at that hour heading south through Reynosa to the Autopista or the free highway will be with very low congestion. Looking forward to meeting you.

I thought it was this week also. I need to figure out if my wife will be in town next week. I may be back in for the ride also.

Last weekend was just a warmup! :rider:

I don't know about a warm up, but definitely a Rev up! I was bummed all day long because I thought everyone was riding to Galeana today.

Although, I did experience some trepidation when I read the article about the US State department issuing a travel warning for Mexico.

Although, I did experience some trepidation when I read the article about the US State department issuing a travel warning for Mexico.

I am typing this from Guadalajara, Jalisco Mx.

Yes, definitely do not come to Mexico. It is very dangerous here. You will be shot, raped, kidnapped, robbed and lost.

Or so I thought too before my first trip here. Your feelings are normal, but will evaporate.

There are lots of State Department guys drinking in the bars laughing at the warnings they have issued to keep other Americans away from Mexico. They want the space here for themselves.

I have been attacked by fine scenery, lovely people, great twisty roads, excellent hotels, superb food, and have made a million new friends, again.

On another note, a few days ago I was in Galeana and it is a very beautiful place. The roads around there will blow your mind.

But I will not be running through there again on this push. After Puerto Vallarta this weekend, I am blasting farther south. Where I am going I do not know, or care.

I am on the 1200GSA, which with the Ohlins is just a rocket ship in Mexico. We are seeing some incredible stuff, and going places few people see.

Two days before I left for Mexico, I bought a 2009 KLR 650 and THAT is the bike I will cruise around Galeana on. But I need to get with Rich and Rick and farkle the thing before I go.

I road the train from Guadalajara to Amatitian today, and toured the Herradura factory. Guadalajara is the birthplace of the Mariachi, and they are all over the place down here.

I met a guy who owns a hotel in San Cristobal de las Casas, I stay cheap there when I run through to Mahahual in Feb 2009.

Bottom Line if you are nervous about paper work or traveling in Mexico, that is normal. After 20 minutes you realize that you are better off here than in the U.S.

Mexico is the promised land. I love it here.

I will be back in Galeana and rip the roads in the back country with you all soon enough, but on the KLR.

Tricepilot´s Taxi Trick...

Put this in your bag of tricks...Get yourselves a folding map of Mexico. That and 100 pesos (less than ten bucks) plus a taxi driver means easy Mexico. Let´s say you are in Monterrey and nervous about finding your way to Reyones. Pull over, find the taxi guy, and point to Reyones on the map and give him the dinero. Tell him however you can that you will follow him. Use sign language if you don´t know spanish. You´ll be on your way following the taxi and blast on.

Saludos y que le vaya bien.

Bob a.k.a. Roberto Loco

After Puerto Vallarta this weekend, I am blasting farther south. Where I am going I do not know, or care.
A page from my book, ey Bob? My only regret is that I don't get to meet you. Just yet. Be careful Bob.

To the rest of you'all, I'll be in Galeana even if it means taking the bus. God willing, I'll be on the beat '93 KLX.

Back