• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Paintless Dent Repair!

Reaction score
For those of you who were with me a couple of weeks ago, I received a dent in my tank from the accident. It wasn't as bad at first but I think as I kept riding the bike and the tank became empty, it must have created a vacuum in the tank which enlarged the dent to about 4" in diameter. Today, my friend removed the dent from my tank and it's like new. He does this for a living, so if you need to remove a dent from the side of your tank here is his contact info. Let him know that I sent you.

Derek
281-731-5910 (mobile)

Well AC, that is good news! Is it safe to assume the paint never cracked and the metal had no sharp creases? Now what about the little scuff down on the clutch cover :shock: :-P

Since the dent was right at the bend on the bottom of the tank, the paint had already started to crack some. It isn't noticeable unless you get down and look up under the tank. My friend used a heating gun to heat up the surface and then he would work the dent some. He continued to do this several times until he had worked the dent out. I asked him why he used the heating gun and he said that it causes the paint not to crack while he is reshaping the tank...awesome! As for the paint crack along the bottom of my tank, I ordered some touch-up paint with clear coat http://www.color-rite.com :-D In regards to the scuff, I have temporarily painted my cover so that you can't see the marks unless you get close enough :wink: I did order another cover, along with some sliders, and the cover should be in sometime this week :P

Back