• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New member in Houston West Side

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Hi all. Cool forum. Thought I'd introduce myself (see pic of bike in member pic section). Most of my cruising is on westheimer or highway 6 doging cars on the way to the pool hall! If anyone knows of any good roads in houston's west side, let me know! Later!

strat1701

Welcome to the site. I ride through your neighborhood on my daily commute all the time.

As for good roads in Houston, I am not sure they exist. Maybe Memorial if you could avoid all the blue haired ladies and local LEO's.

I would go west. West and north is even better.

Try FM1458 from Pattison to San Felipe. Its got a pretty good amount of curves per mile. Watch out for cops though, the squids call it "racer road" and have made quite a name for themselves out there (multiple crashes, very high speeds......usual squid stuff) :angryfir:

You can ride west on Westhiemer to Simonton, North on FM1489 (some good curves) then North on FM359 at Brookshire to get there.

Mapquest Link

Other than that, you have to go west of Bellville or North of Hempstead to get to the really good roads. :-(

You can also continue out 1093 past Simonton to where 1093 turns left. 1458 goes to the right. You can follow it west then it turns north and eventually east to Pattison. Then take 359 to Brookshire. There you can either take 362 north or you can take 90 over to 1489 and come south back to Simonton.

Just a different twist.

Back