• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tipover damage

Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Gates
BRD,

Saw your pics of the vicious attack by the gas pump guards.

The windshiled may be buffable, but the fairing will need a little ABS glue and pop that crack back together before a sanding and re-painting.

I feel your pain. My beautiful white 93 got attacked by the road when a OK State Trooper explained the dangers of speeding to me and my rear tire was going flat. Just fell over all by itself. Ouch. So far i have left the scratches in there as a badge, like a Purple Heart Medal.

Maybe we'll hook up on the next Mena run.

Larry Gates in Anna, 40 miles north of Dallas.

VFRRider said:
BRD,

Saw your pics of the vicious attack by the gas pump guards.

The windshiled may be buffable, but the fairing will need a little ABS glue and pop that crack back together before a sanding and re-painting.

I feel your pain. My beautiful white 93 got attacked by the road when a OK State Trooper explained the dangers of speeding to me and my rear tire was going flat. Just fell over all by itself. Ouch. So far i have left the scratches in there as a badge, like a Purple Heart Medal.

Maybe we'll hook up on the next Mena run.

Larry Gates in Anna, 40 miles north of Dallas.

Hey Larry, thanks for the sympathy. What hurt me even more was that I just bought the bike in November with 9k miles and it was absolutely pristine. I was so mad at myself. Just got lazy at the end of a long day and wasn't paying attention. :headbang:

I'm leaving it as-is for now, because money is tight, but mostly because I've been too lazy to pop the nose fairing off and set it straight and glue it. I don't even know if I'll bother repainting, as I think once I realign it, the damage will be hardly noticeable. I'm actually a little glad it hit the barrier, the (smaller, cheaper) nose piece took one for the team and the (large, expensive) side panel didn't really get hurt at all.

Besides that, if I fix it and get it all shiny and new again, then I'll just be afraid something else will happen to it. :b

I've ridden through Anna quite a few times. A couple of guys I ride with live up in The Colony and we go ride those FM roads up your way. Great roads, but many of them are getting pretty beat up by all the increased car/truck traffic. :/

Back