• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1973 Bultaco Matador MK5 Six Days Edition, Runs Great

FiddyK

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
***SOLD **** 1973 Bultaco Matador MK5 Six Days Edition, Runs Great

this bike sold long ago, please delete

Last edited:
Some of my best childhood riding memories were getting muddy in the national forests riding these red and grey bikes. Wish I had the space. :doh:

Since this is a '73 it qualifies for the Vintage class so an AHRMA Enduro racer will gobble this up. Very good price for a nice looking running bike.

_

Anyone know about parts availability for this bike?

Nice but it is missing a lot of very significant pieces. MSO or title? I had a '75 and it was a very nice bike for its time.

Nice but it is missing a lot of very significant pieces. MSO or title? I had a '75 and it was a very nice bike for its time.

Missing a lot of very significant pieces? The fix-a-flat bottle and the top part that bolts to the tank. What else mr. craphead?

No title, bill of sale.

Thanks for the clarification on the missing parts comments.......what kind of weight will the bike handle? I have exceeded my high school weight by 90 pounds when I last rode my bultaco. I weigh in at 240, is that too much weight for this vintage bike! Thanks.

Thanks for the clarification on the missing parts comments.......what kind of weight will the bike handle? I have exceeded my high school weight by 90 pounds when I last rode my bultaco. I weigh in at 240, is that too much weight for this vintage bike! Thanks.

I'm 250 and have ridden it around, but not any serious offroad. If you get real serious about suspension setup on it for racing, you may need to change springs.

i'll try to find pics and post some up...

edit: here's the only pic i can currently find of the actual bike

Bultaco-Matador-MK5-Six-Days-Edition-Left-Side.jpg

Last edited:
Before you guys get into it on this thread, I think IrishCoffee meant to type

"Nice but is it missing a lot of very significant pieces?"

Which is a whole lot friendlier. Check your work, children.

:sun:

And I've always wanted a Bultaco because I think it's the best sounding bike name ever.

Bultaco...Bultaco...Bultaco...Bultaco...

Nice. Be sure to disassemble and clean steel clutch plates with new transmission oil after every ride.

Back