• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend rally - March 23 - 26, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I'll check them out. Checked out Lajitas yesterday. $400 a night after taxes for a dual sport ride is a bit pricey tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Do some research and call the places directly, I have done that and rooms are available even when its shown as unavailable on major sites..

ALRIGHT!, I'm back in the saddle!

Just booked a room at the Big Bend Holiday Hotel which is pretty close to the HQ hotel apparently. You folks were right, I had to call and they moved rooms around to make it work.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Becky and I are hoping to be "in" on this. Too far out to know for sure. We will likely tent camp at Study Butte. When the event's over, perhaps we will head south for a few days (weeks?).

ALRIGHT!, I'm back in the saddle!

Just booked a room at the Big Bend Holiday Hotel which is pretty close to the HQ hotel apparently. You folks were right, I had to call and they moved rooms around to make it work.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Holiday Hotel is right next to the Starlight and "the porch". A darn fine location.

Tailwind are you and Becky riding two up or is she riding? Trying to talk My wife into going, I am sure we can do a bunch of this two up on the twin...

If we actually do make it over for the event, and it's OK. Lynn & I might try to join up with you all for a while. Lynn would enjoy some lady dual sport partners who aren't yet dirt riding aces. And I would enjoy a chance to talk Africa Twins with you fellas.

If we actually do make it over for the event, and it's OK. Lynn & I might try to join up with you all for a while. Lynn would enjoy some lady dual sport partners who aren't yet dirt riding aces. And I would enjoy a chance to talk Africa Twins with you fellas.

You guys are definitely welcome to ride with us. We too are not sure if we will be able to make it.

I'll probably do a "no one left behind" group, emphasis on fun over speed, hopefully Brad can join us again too.

I hope my wife goes, I think she would enjoy it. My guess would be a day of two up riding with her, then a day of hard core off-road, depends if there is anything for her to do if I leave her behind. Guess she can always drive up to Marfa or something like that too.

Leave wife at chisos mtn lodge they have nice hikes n she can ride to santa elena canyon n have a spa day at lajitas n visit da ghost town cemetery etc etc however if she is like my wife forget she wont do anything on her own good luck

Tell Lynn to come on! I'm definitely not a "dirt riding ace". KamLeeR SAYS she is coming too. (I'll believe it when I see it!)

It'd be great to have some ladies to ride with.

We are pulling the RV out. My wife will not be riding but will probably explore some in the truck.

Sounds like plenty-o-fun awaits us both. Now all we gotta do is just get there! (Fingers crossed)

The BMW group from Austin will be staying in Fort Davis the same weekend you guys are out there. A few of us GS riders may see you in the boonies. Stay on the lookout for BIG BIKES :rider:.

Here's two-minutes dedicated to some of the Big Bend Country's finest:https://vimeo.com/162778691

I want to camp with a small RV popup. Don't need water or elec. What are the best recommendations?

The BMW group from Austin will be staying in Fort Davis the same weekend you guys are out there. A few of us GS riders may see you in the boonies. Stay on the lookout for BIG BIKES :rider:.

Here's two-minutes dedicated to some of the Big Bend Country's finest:https://vimeo.com/162778691

Looks like a fun ride but I'm sure not dig'n that camera angle. ;-)

New tires on the way. Getting things gathered up and getting more excited. I just hope there is a slow group.

I've never been to the Big Bend area before and was wondering about tires.
Kenda K270 or Dunlap D606?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back