• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AustinRT and his family lost everything!

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Dupont
Yesterday morning Mike (AustinRT) and his wife lost everything in a home fire. Lost their home and all their belongings, 2 family pets and both his and her motorcycle and all their gear. The only thing left is the 2 cars they were driving to work when it happened. Please keep them in your thoughts, if you have any resources to donate they would much appreciate it, insurance only goes so far and takes time.
Mike and his wife are the kind of people that will drop everything to come help you with anything, has done it for me personally several times. This tragic situation is unfair to such good people.
News story:
http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Three-dogs-killed-in-Cedar-Park-fire-241672061.html
Link to donate:
https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/5gVe5

Pictures of home and 1 BMW motorcycle

Attachments

• IMG_2396.jpeg
    IMG_2396.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_5623.jpeg
    IMG_5623.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 236
Wow. Praying today for them. Do we know how fire started?

What a terrible ordeal! I hope insurance is very timely in their compensation.

Thoughts and prayers are sent.

RB

Heartbreaking...

Man that is terrible news. You might post sizes of their clothes or immediate needs,so that we can help if you know. Prayers for them to be strong and for the insurance company to do what is right. KP

Do you know where they are staying? I'm hoping they are in a hotel and that somebody had space for them.

How terrible. So thankful they are fine, and I know losing the pets has to make this all the more excruciating. The article says they are in process of moving, so hopefully they have a place straight away. I'm very sorry for their pets, and their loss.

Jeff we have room for them if they need a place to stay this weekend and some warm meals. We are in Lampasas and would love to have them. KP

Thank you so much for everybody's support so quickly.

*WoodButcher* They are staying with friends for the time being until all this gets figured out.

*kickstand~prophet* I don't have their exact sizes best guess is he is a XL or XXL, she is a L or XL.

Thanks so much for the support. We are in the process of buying a house and if all go well will be closing within a month. A former neighbor from this park, friend, and rider has put us up at his place until then.

Donations graciously accepted at:

Mike Wettengal
3330 W Whitestone Blvd #2
Cedar Park, TX 78613

Sizes XX/XXX 42/30 and women's 14

We have no idea what may have caused the firebug it was over in 30-45 minutes. Fire inspection may uncover some clues in a few days.

Back