• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Death sentence

LDB

Reaction score
First Name
Leo
My friend Jeff Hepple has pulmonary fibrosis, a respiratory condition where his lungs basically just quit on him. We thought he had about a year but it appears it will be just weeks or maybe even days. It is very aggressively attacking him. There is no cure and no recovery.

He started a project in hopes of helping others, as well as their loved ones, who've been told they have a terminal illness. You can find it at www.whenyouawake.org and there is a link to make donations to help with the incredible expenses incurred if anyone is so inclined.

Jeff is, among other things, a best selling author. Here's his Amazon page if anyone is interested in checking out his books.

http://www.amazon.com/Jeffry-S.-Hepple/e/B002BM69BO/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1

Jeff was admitted through the ER today in Waco and probably will never get to go home again. Thoughts and prayers for Jeff and his family are greatly appreciated.

Jeff was attacked very aggressively by the disease. He passed away at 19:00. Thank you to those remembering him. I'm sure his family will appreciate continued remembrance over the next several tough days.

I am sad to hear of his passing within a day of this thread's creation - truly a sign that we don't know when our name will get called.

My deepest condolences to the family.

Prayers for the family.

He was, and his historical fiction was based on his own ancestors, the Von Buskyrk family. Not sure I spelled it correctly. If you're an avid reader he has some good stuff to read.

Back