• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Montana 2015 - A different look at it

Added Debbie's picture of the monster pool in Glenwood Springs to post #42 and here. Shoot, it added my copyright bs. I'll get that fixed.

5275-L.jpg

Last edited:
Nice write up and awesome pictures. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Awesome stuff.

"The view of the Flaming Gorge is nice from the west side road. You come around a corner and there it is. Kind of like the deer I kept chasing off the road for everybody behind me..."

Thanks for plowing the deer out of the way for us! Made for a smoooooth ride up the hill! :clap:

Attachments

• 2015 MOA 16 (640x480).jpg
    2015 MOA 16 (640x480).jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 2015 MOA 17 (640x480).jpg
    2015 MOA 17 (640x480).jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 200
Don't know how I missed this thread! It was a great ride, should have stay there a bit longer :rider:
Maybe next time I'll have me a GS water boxer Starbucks edition!

Don't know how I missed this thread! It was a great ride, should have stay there a bit longer :rider:
Maybe next time I'll have me a GS water boxer Starbucks edition!

Missed it because you were YouTubing GSs
:trust:

I know, I'm just torn. Tough decision, I still need to get my leg over the Austrian gal! I think the Honda/KTM dealer in North Houston has 1290SA I get get on to see how it fits.
And, then what about the Russian and the Japanese, don't really want to let go of either one of those! But I think one of them will have to go, probably the Jap. Such is life, must move on...

Man, this trip is going to turn out to be an expensive one for me when all is said and done...

Sorry about the hijack Rusty.

Missed it because you were YouTubing GSs
:trust:

No hijack at all. I'm all done. Well, except for some video a certain female that was on trip is going to provide. :rofl: I think the ball's in my court though. She needs tech support help to upload it and I think that's me. Unless she finds somebody local.

Probably the most comprehensive road trip coverage ever, between your and Scott's thread. It was fun to read the two perspectives form both of you.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

Hey Rusty!

Thank you for the amazing Ride Rpt. I just loved the pics! Awesome! I went thru Montana once. But I was on an Amtrak train. It was not the same as your adventure ride.

Ride on!

Epilogue:

Well, last Friday I finally shaved. Yes, I know I have a beard, but I usually trims the edges every day. So it had migrated out of its normal boundaries for a long time. Then, on Wednesday I finally went to sleep content and slept through the night. Friday I got my light bar for the BMW welded and now the bike is back to pre-trip condition. So I'd say I'm back in my normal groove. Well, I still am riding faster, but at this point I'm not sure that is bad yet.

Anyway, back to normal until the next trip. Which just happens to be in 3 weeks :rofl:

Thanks for following along.

Seven years ago..... Wow time and life doesn't stand still.

What a great trip that was!

Reactions: cdc
Not sure about Thomas, but I'm about the only one still riding. And even then, no long trips recently.

I tried to ride today. I’m having a beer to commentate my failure. Got the bike ready last night. Rolled it out this morning to air up the tires and it started sprinkling. Nothing I haven’t ridden in before, but it was supposed to be a fun ride by myself to some hill country roads. Gray skies and spitting rain is not fun. So I’m cleaning house and having a bourbon barrel coffee imperial stout.

Back