• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

August 2015 pie run reports.

oh man! mental note " following Scott on a ride can be hazardous to your health" :lol2:

Debbie, turn up the guilt trip and make him bring you lots of blue bell!:eat:

take it easy and heal up fast!

See if I have this straight Snoopster:

- After some pie, went dual sport riding with the boys in the woods
- Stormed the beach on a blind curve and went down
- Got back in the saddle to head back to town - with a broken leg :eek2:
- Hassled by some E. Texas Duck Dynasty wannabe when your broken leg wouldn't support the weight of your bike
- Then rode another hour on the bike, with a broken leg, to get home :eek2::eek2:

A heck of an adventure and some unreal kind of toughness.
Just what kind of pie did you have???

I've gone back and forth on whether to reply. Don't want to give Debbie too much of an ego boost by saying nice stuff. First thing though, she is very lucky to have friends like Scott Friday and his wife Beth. They are like a second family to her and are really helping her out. They set an example that permeates TWT.

About Debbie though,

1. She is a very good rider.
2. She is a quietly determined person.
3. She doesn't like riding in sand.

Oh, and Tom, I don't know what she ate, but I think the rest of you had Humble Pie :rofl:

No pie for me. Had to cancel due to family coming into town. Sounds like it was a good one though as long as you stayed out of the sand.

Last Pie Run I made was to the alternative Purple Pig in Flint on a Sunday. Debbie, think I sat next to you there.

Good luck with the leg and get well soon!

I thought that JackinTexas was the only guy to lead people into deep sand!!!! Where's the X-rays ? Deb, you get my respect for doing all that on a broken leg!

About Debbie though,

1. She is a very good rider.
2. She is a quietly determined person.
3. She doesn't like riding in sand.

Awww... don't let her fool you! She LOVES riding in sand :-P

She just needs better boots and no side bags :trust:

And maybe a slightly more aggressive tire tread :ponder:

Have not heard back from her yet today. Beth took her to the Ortho Doc this afternoon.

No surgery, thank goodness but I have to wear a cast for 4 weeks with no weight on it, remove cast & X-rays and 2 weeks with a boot.. Eeeeek

Debbie, I'm proud to welcome you to the "I rode back with a broken leg" club.

As a member of this exclusive club you receive benefits, such as, spare time to pamper your parked bike, catch up on books and movies, and most importantly the opportunity to learn just what wonderful stuff you are made of, through overcoming adversity.

Congrats, er, perhaps condolences, as it were.

You are an inspiration. Best wishes on fast healing.

You'll be back in the saddle in no time. :rider:

Back