• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

For those who don't

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Hansen
Believe......

100,000 miles on my Harley Davidson Heritage Softtail Classic. I turned it over yesterday on FM 2854. The bike now has 100,012 miles on it and it is getting the 100,000 mile service done. Woodlands HD says this is most likely their first softtail to have it done. :rider:
FF646DDF-AAC4-4FFC-B2B6-F1BE4F3FA3A8_zpsntyikejj.jpg

On to the next 100,000.

Last edited:
Awesome! :clap:

Well... I'd say it might be time to try a different bike, you know... just because ;-)

Awesome! :clap:

Well... I'd say it might be time to try a different bike, you know... just because ;-)

What? Change horses in mid-stream? :eek2:

My next-door/tent neighbooger in the KOA at BikeWeek 2011 (I went to get the little Featherlite trailer and a K100 tank, honest, and it just happened to be bike week. :trust:) had a 2003 Sportster with humongous miles on it and it looked brand new. He sent me an email shortly thereafter with some of the pics he'd taken. I think I have a pic somewhere . . . lemme see if I can find it . . . Ahah! Found two. And Willie G signed my KTM cap.

Attachments

• Bill R. @ KOA, BikeWeek 2011.JPG
    Bill R. @ KOA, BikeWeek 2011.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 221
  • Dave_10_2003_Sporty_96K_Miles_Daytona_2011.jpg
    Dave_10_2003_Sporty_96K_Miles_Daytona_2011.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 222
  • Rare KTM Cap-2.jpg
    Rare KTM Cap-2.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 195
That's cool. Of course most HD's only go from bar to bar so don't rack up many miles. Some do ride them though as many have Iron Butt awards.

That's cool. Of course most HD's only go from bar to bar so don't rack up many miles. Some do ride them though as many have Iron Butt awards.

My experience on my yearly cross country trips...... For every 7 or 8 Harley's I see, I will see another brand. They ride 'em and ride 'em far.

Congrats on the 100k, very impressive not only for the bike but for you too!!!!

Believe......

100,000 miles on my Harley Davidson Heritage Softtail Classic. I turned it over yesterday on FM 2854. The bike now has 100,012 miles on it and it is getting the 100,000 mile service done. Woodlands HD says this is most likely their first softtail to have it done. :rider:

On to the next 100,000.

Attaboy Hansen! Ride on! :clap: :rider: :sun:

Good goal, to reach congrats. Harleys get a bad rap for not going far but I know plenty of guys with high mileage harleys. There is a guy out past kerrville that rides into SA everyday he stops at a friends shop and he is getting close to 250K on his Ultra Classic with little or no work done to it.

I had 65K on the Ultra I had in 2 1/2 years and it was trouble free

Jasen, are you saying the odometer is attached to the trailer? LOL

When I first started riding 4 years ago I rode about 1,000/mo and none of it was commuting it was just for fun. I was single, had time to burn...

It's a shame to see ad's of bikes for sale because folks don't ride them. Then there's JHansen.

Believe......

On to the next 100,000.

I believe...

My '96 Road King is somewhere north of 98,000 as of my last ride day before yesterday. I've never had the heads off. It's a brick.

Congrats! I agree with one of the posts above in Cruiser and HD and the like out number other style bikes I've seen on the road all over the US. By a very large margin.

In my travels I see mostly Harley's out on the open road. Congrats on 100K miles. The Heritage is probably my favorite HD I've ridden.

I'm getting close, less than 500 mi to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

how about an 04 fat boy with over 200 thou?
of course engine started knocking at 170thou enroute to alaska.
harley dealer in calif removed engine ,crated it, sent to harley. 6 weeks later engine sent back (w/a 2year warranty)put back in and he and i pulled over on I H 40 in arkansas to take pic of mileage. 200thou. that was 2 years ago. bike is still going.
it will be at the 2015 Harvest classic with fellow MILD HOGS.

My 07 RK has a bit over 72K on it. Granted, the first 56K or so were put on by the previous owner, but I've done the rest in the last 2years.

Back