• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2nd Annual Beyond EPIC Labor Day Weekend Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and who had wished for rain? Well, it may not have rained near Junction but sure did over here! Maybe river crossings will be RIVER crossing and not puddle crossings :mrgreen:

639111401_LVvXF-L.jpg

We will try and make 16 & 113. If we are not there could you leave a marker showing that you had past? Then we will try and hook up at Coopers. If not we will see you by the pool at the Hills.:rider::eat::rider::eat::rider::eat::yawn:

We'll find a volunteer to wash out their front end and leave a massive slide mark...:duck: Okay, so maybe a TAR scratched in the gravel on the side of the road makes more sense.

That sounds good Rusty!

I would hate to be waiting on you guys and you had already been there!:doh:

I might miss BBQ if that happened! :trust:

Had to cancel due to not one but two siblings, long unseen, visiting from afar this weekend. If anyone needed a room at Hills and found them full -- I just canceled my reservation.

I'll participate in another excursion soon, hopefully.

am I gonna have any issues with my DRZs 100 mile range? I am gonna get a bigger tank but still on the stock 2.6 right now, I thought about bringing a spare gallon container but I didn't want to risk any spillage, Richard, I assume you know the route well enough to give me an answer...thanks

I was gonna follow this thread but I guess this forum doesn't send e-mail updates everyday, I have a room at the Lazy-T just down the road, I am all for the mostly dirt thing with exception of fuel range, see everyone in the morning

am I gonna have any issues with my DRZs 100 mile range? I am gonna get a bigger tank but still on the stock 2.6 right now, I thought about bringing a spare gallon container but I didn't want to risk any spillage, Richard, I assume you know the route well enough to give me an answer...thanks

I was gonna follow this thread but I guess this forum doesn't send e-mail updates everyday, I have a room at the Lazy-T just down the road, I am all for the mostly dirt thing with exception of fuel range, see everyone in the morning
FYI,
I have a stock tank on my DR650 and am bringing two 30oz MSR fuel bottles I bought at REI for around 20 bucks each.

A 100 mile range will be workable, as long as you tank up each time we pass a gas station (which won't be all that often) on day 1 and the first half of day 2. I'll try to remember to stop each time we are passing a gas station, and you guys help me remember.

Who's meeting me at the Jack in the Box in Round Rock (620 and Great Oaks)? I was thinking there were going to be four of us and I could only remember 3. Chowdown, Jbay, and myself. Can't remember if the other was Coolhand or someone else. More is fine if I have it wrong. I just want to know how many to expect.

I'm gonna be at the 620 Jack in the Box at 7am.

Mech

Don if we miss you and you have to meet us by the pool, could you have the beer iced down and ready? :trust::chug::party:

Crazy, Richard you should schedule these rides more often. Who knew it would be like washing your car, only better! Forecast for Junction is a slightly less chance of rain and better temps.... it's going to be great.

Motobob, you could be sweating the 100 mile range. On the way to Junction in April I had 70 miles on the clock when Rusty said "hey, only 70 more miles to Junction, everybody going to make it?" (There was no gas station on that route... I made it on reserve.) It may be worth an MSR bottle just for the peace of mind. That 30 oz is ten miles you don't have to push your bike :giveup:

I think I will just strap an aux gallon tank on my rear rack just in case, I don't want to slow us down waiting for quick gas stops, I know this is part of the adventure and will motivate me to get my Aqualine 4.8 gal tank, they are like $500 so they cost a bunch, I guess I can wait another pay day, and either way, after I learn the route and meet all you great people we can try and do this kind of stuff more often, I am sure everyone thanks Richard for just getting it altogether in the first place, my hotel is down the street but I am willing to buy a few beers for the crowd! 14 hours to go from now!

I won't be able to make this one. Got too much stuff goin' on here. Be safe everyone, take lots of pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back