• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2016 9th Annual Uncle's Around the Bend, Feb 25th - 28th, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up. Rode the park today and it was fantastic, light rain and no dust. As I sit here now we have a thunderstorm over us. In the next couple of days the desert should be in full bloom.:sun:

Room Available! I had to cancel my trip due to the Flu. Canceled my room today at Chisos Mining Co. so anyone looking for a room, there is now an opening. Probably won't last long so give them a call.

Curious if anyone is going to be riding a late model WR250R this week. I am thinking of buying one in the near future...and would like to get a first hand report from someone who rides one. Currently I am riding a DRZ400.

We love ours!

flipmeister.gif

Check with user Daave on here. He purchased one a few months ago and loves it.

RB

Curious if anyone is going to be riding a late model WR250R this week. I am thinking of buying one in the near future...and would like to get a first hand report from someone who rides one. Currently I am riding a DRZ400.

Hit me up at Registration. I had a DRZ supermoto and a WR250X supermoto concurrently, for many years.

Sid and I are heading out first thing in the morning. 4 days of flu has taken it's toll on my planned 5PM departure. Hope to be at the Starlight for a late dinner Tuesday.

For anyone who is not registered, sorry guys, no tee shirts in your exact size. And please only pay cash on site if you have not paid yet. Thanks All!!!

Peter Shaddock (Organizer, Crash Truck)
281-772-1211

Sid Shaddock (HQ)
713-548-3728

Mark Winer (Ride Support)
512-576-5669

Tperk,

It is a fun little bike! I will be there Wed night for the newbie dinner. I'm sure shadman will be a much better reference, but I'd be glad to meet up if i can help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone need a place to stay? I have a reservation at Retro Rents for a Airstream with a bathroom and unfortunately will not be able to get there. I've left a message to cancel my reservation, but I know it's still available if anyone wants it. The owner of the Retrorents.com place is really nice. My reservation was under Lynn Beckwith. My cell is 832-527-2774.
Retro Rents
PO BOX 109
Terlingua, TX. 79852
405-795-3905 cell
432-371-3325 home
danileab1@gmail.com

It's fully acknowledged there are other threads for selling items on TWT however I've elected to post this listing below due to it's unique nature & significant savings. Please forgive.
----
KLIM Riding Pants For Sale

Rally Riders!

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend…

Preparing for the trip, I came across two pairs of KLIM Pants that were never worn, ever. Both pairs have all tags, etc,… and have sat in a closet (wrong size purchased and never returned).

I attempted to sell them on Craigslist however found it was ripe for scam/fraud. I figured there may be one of you who has interest. I’m selling them for 25% less than retail just to get rid of them.

Again, each are brand new, never worn, ever.

We arrive tomorrow afternoon. Details below. Please text me (do not email) if you are interested. 512-550-4858

KLIM Overland Pant – Grey (6030-000-036-800)
Size: 36
Retail: $409
Price: $300

KLIM Dakar Pant – Black (3142-040-600)
Size: 40
Retail: $100
Price: $75
*These are a couple generations older, the $100 value I found was the lowest I could find online as a benchmark.

Attachments

• klim overland pant grey 36 front.jpg
    klim overland pant grey 36 front.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 280
  • klim overland pant grey 36 back.jpg
    klim overland pant grey 36 back.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 289
  • Klim Dakar 40 Black Overboot.jpg
    Klim Dakar 40 Black Overboot.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 265
This....

WF12dA6.jpg

Who knows. Maybe I'll still make it down, but probably not.

Peace and grease
-Steve

I just now finished fixing my bike and got to drive it around a bit.
I'll leave in the morning for Terlingua.

femkOMy.jpg

See ya'll there.
-Steve

I just now finished fixing my bike and got to drive it around a bit.
I'll leave in the morning for Terlingua.

See ya'll there.
-Steve

Wow! Great job getting it done so fast. I'm surprised you were even able to get the parts together that quickly.

On the road today :sun:

Tperk314 - I am bringing my 16' WR250R and looking forward to the experience.

If there is a WR group forming let me know :rider:

Five-zero-nine 475-4013

i-PQc6Zq8

Big Bend or bust!

We should arrive by 4pm

In the area now. It is going to be around 30 degrees tonight in Ft. Davis...brrrr.

RB

23 degrees this morning in Ft Davis. I hope the Shorai battery will crank over on the bike.

RB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back