• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TARA DFW North April Happenings

Hey guys...a new month already. Make plans to come to the First Tuesday Meet, Greet, & Eat next week on April 4th at 7PM. This month we are meeting at the Fuddruckers in Grapevine. The address is 2001 Texas 121, GV, 76051. This is a really strange intersection with all the new highway construction. One easy way to get there is to actually go to Bass Pro. Once in the BP parking lot...you make your way to the north side of their lot. You will see a Whataburger...enter their parking lot...continue to the east and you can access Fuddruckers from there. We have a private room reserved in the back. No charge as long as we have a few folks eat dinner there. Friends and family welcome. Hopefully we can get a couple April rides planned.

"RIDE ALERT": speaking of rides...Chris has had to change the date of his April ADV ride. The new date is Saturday April 22 (previously 4/15). As soon as we get the ride specifics (route, starting point, meet time) we will post here, and send out to the tara.dfwnorth email list. In the meantime...block this date so that you can make the ride. He had a group of 9 riders last month and it sounds like it was a great day! He did tell me that he is probably going to shorten the distance, based on his March ride. You can read the ride reports in the "after the ride" thread.

Long term ride planning: He has rides planned for May 20 & June 10. These are the preliminary dates...subject to change. Usually planned for Saturdays with Sunday as the rain-out date.

We also need to start planning some DS/Dirt events for the smaller bike riders. Either at Red River or Barnwell Mtn. Anyone wanting to take the lead on setting up a ride date...let me know. I will get all your info posted on the group email list.

If you live in the DFW area...and want to be on the group email list...just drop me a note. I will add you.

See you next Tuesday @ 7PM!

Count me in for a dirt ride at Red River or Barnwell Mtn! I've never been to either location yet. Looking ahead, Easter Sunday April 16 and April 22-23 are booked.

Count me in for a dirt ride at Red River or Barnwell Mtn! I've never been to either location yet. Looking ahead, Easter Sunday April 16 and April 22-23 are booked.

Me too. I've been at red river once. But I wanna go to any of the two. Just got a 690 enduro r so I should be good :rider:

Hey guys...a new month already. Make plans to come to the First Tuesday Meet, Greet, & Eat next week on April 4th at 7PM. This month we are meeting at the Fuddruckers in Grapevine. The address is 2001 Texas 121, GV, 76051. This is a really strange intersection with all the new highway construction. One easy way to get there is to actually go to Bass Pro. Once in the BP parking lot...you make your way to the north side of their lot. You will see a Whataburger...enter their parking lot...continue to the east and you can access Fuddruckers from there. We have a private room reserved in the back. No charge as long as we have a few folks eat dinner there. Friends and family welcome. Hopefully we can get a couple April rides planned.

See you next Tuesday @ 7PM!

I have a meeting near downtown that is schedule to go till 7:00. I'm hoping it will end slightly early, but unless it ends at 6:30, I'll be late. I'll be there, but late. Do not eat all the food before I get there. :eat:

REMINDER...tonight at Fuddruckers in Grapevine @ 7PM...Meet, Greet, & Eat! It's looking like we might have a nice crowd. No need to RSVP now...if you can make it...show up. Friends & family welcome. See you there.
TP

We held our 1st Tuesday meeting, for April,*last night at Fuddruckers...and we had a good turnout. The Tarrant County group joined us, which helped to push up the number of folks attending. In addition to the regular folks, we had several new riders attend. Hopefully we can continue to grow.

Since the last meeting we had riders take trips to Tuscon, Moab, Big Bend, and Chris put on two ADV rides here in the Metroplex. His second ride had 9 riders and covered 250 miles! You can read about them on the "After the Ride" thread on TWTEX.

There are several riding opportunities coming up in April & May. The following info was taken from TWTEX:

Chase the Bunny Easter Bash: http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...he-ranch-boxley-ar-april-13-17-2017.1199167/* This ride is also sponsored by a couple of TWTEX riders. It is held in Boxley, Arkansas...April 13-17.

Texas Adventure Ride: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113304&highlight=texas+adventure+junction. Ride based in Junction, TX...April 20-23.

Hillbilly DS Ride: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/hillbilly-ds-ride-2017-marble-falls-ar-apr-21-23.1196479/* This ride is in Marble Fall, Arkansas...April 21-23.

Texas Redneck Ramble:* www.dualsportuniverse.com*; This ride is in Glen Rose, TX...May 6-7

SLAP 2017:* http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/slap-2017-ozark-ar-may-19-21.1196851/*This ride is in Ozark, Arkansas...May 19-21.

Our own Chris D. is leading another ADV*ride on Saturday, April 22. The rally point is in Waxahachie with stands up at 8AM. The rain date is the next day...Sunday, 4/23...however the ride will only be postponed for hazardous weather...not just light rain! Please RSVP directly to Chris if you are going so that he will have some idea of how many riders to look for: dohertycm8251@gmail.com. The ride is approximately 200 miles. For more ride info and maps go to: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113722

We also need to arrange a dirt bike/dual sport day at either Red River or Barnwell Mountain. I don't have much available time left in April to set anything up, but if anyone wants to take the lead and get a group together...just let me know. I will post all the info for you and send out anything to the email list.

If anyone decides to take a short notice ride and is looking for ride partners...send me the info and I will get it out to everyone asap.

The next 1st Tuesday meeting is May 2 @ 7PM. We decided to continue holding it at the Fuddruckers in Grapevine for now. They let us use a private room for no charge. Friends & family always welcome.

I know this location is not the best for the eastern guys, but I haven't been able to come up with a good location over there. If anyone wants to put together a meeting on the east side of Dallas...just let me know. I will get the news out for you.

Back