• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake Bike Night Wednesday

It was good visiting with my moto-family in Clear Lake. Jeff H asked if I had any recommendation for routes up through the north area for the Campout on Saturday night. I threw this together from routes I already had. I have ridden ALL of these routes on either a Goldwing or a BMW K1600 so there isn't any dirt but there will be some places with a little rough pavement.

11CWa9MQuRm_4Yn_8h1f0lCnsf5mT5IPOO62-eXB1zv-BfjF0JsfJc-P-SfcyTVl-wbkHCN3DyOQU4kiNQ=w1003-h613-no.jpg

Attached is a Garmin and a GPX file for routing. The route to the right including the three little sisters is about a little over 6 hours, the one to the left up around Conroe is a little over 5. Hopefully, these all work for you Jeff. Also included is a stop at Yankees on the way out for a burger and at Murphy's steakhouse for lunch on the way back.

Attachments

• ClearLakeBastropCampout.gdb
    273.1 KB · Views: 199
  • ClearLakeBastropCampout.gpx
    745.4 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
I have not done any progress assembling the 1190 and it's been about two months after takenit apart tocfg check and adjust the valves clearance. This is the weekend I have to wrap it up and see how good mechanic I am. It is a hard decision to make but seeing the bike in its actual condition is very uncomfortable. Ride safe.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

I feel happy after hearing my 1190 engine sound again and it does sound good.

No kidding. It might sounds silly I am happily proud of it but to me it is the biggest challenge all around. Checking them and adjusting them. Thanks youtubers. Once I finished and very excited, after trying to start it for about three times without success and thinking I f.... up bad ...I realized the side stand was down. [emoji16]

Congrats Jesus. And, yeah, can't tell you how many times I freaked out about my XR650L not starting, only to figure out I had bumped the kill switch off.:clap: :thumb:

Good job, Jesus. :clap: Wish you could have had it ready a bit sooner though; you missed a great ride this weekend :eek2:

Back