• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Nancy's Chicken Run

Brian, how did Popeyes chicken get into this program promotion? Is this open to 4 wheelers too? Is the CEO or someone a ld rider ?

No idea. If you watch the video in the beginning of the thread it only shows cages making the drive.

I think it's quite creative.

And for a final epilogue to this story...

Brian, how did Popeyes chicken get into this program promotion? Is this open to 4 wheelers too? Is the CEO or someone a ld rider ?

Good report :thumb:

No idea. If you watch the video in the beginning of the thread it only shows cages making the drive.

I think it's quite creative.

I gave this about five milliseconds of thought when it happened...but dropped it as you really needed to have social media of some sort to document the ride as it happened. It's a promotion, a person needed to promote Popeyes for the event. I have no major social media - and plan to keep it that way.

Popeyes had setup that drive-up window to promote the 12 hours of marinating they do before the chicken is cooked. So, what better way of showing what that 12-ish hours is by having a drive that takes (roughly) 12 hours to occur between ordering a meal and getting your chicken.

Popeyes basically picked the people to take place in the promotion in advance. Nancy and I had a quick chat about it via email after she was picked (and they had a quick glance at her riding resume) and before her ride. Besides, southern California to NOLA for Popeyes chicken? Now, there's a story - but not nearly a story for those of us that have done an LD ride or two. We consider that 'situation normal'. :rofl::pirate:

The real story? I wonder if that drive-up window is still out there in the middle of west Texas?? :scratch:

The real story? I wonder if that drive-up window is still out there in the middle of west Texas?? :scratch:
Highly unlikely, but fun to think that it's still there (and working).

Hmmm... that location would be a good spot for a rally point.

Ken, do any riding with SEAT - South East Arizona Touring riders? I had breakfast with them in Amado a couple of weeks ago. Nice group. Mainly a BMW club but open to everyone. I saw other Wings there, lots of H-D, etc. I joined their group and may ride with them if they have anything coming north. I'm going to Show Low for lunch with the AZ Beemers group tomorrow.

Back