• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Adventure Challenge, Nov 28-29, 2014

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Gibbens
Sept 28, 2014 update: Riders, unfortunately this event is cancelled for personal reasons.

Last edited:
Thanksgiving break will pose a challenge... but that's what it's all about :)

I'd love to join, so I'll see how the family plans work themselves out...

Well, you'll have your 690 by then...let's go! :rider: :lol2:

Think of it as a money saving tactic. You'll be riding instead of spending money on Black Friday. Your wife will approve.

Your 690 called me and said to tell you it wants to ride...

Haha, where's it calling from - it doesn't know I own it yet - I need to go pick it up! The one I was going to look at in San Antonio tomorrow sold. :doh:

Hey TrailBoss,

I'm going to try to get my son Matt, and/or my daughter Christina to do this ride with me. Matt has a motorcycle license, but Christina does not yet.

I'm think I'm ready to give up MX, sell my MX bike and buy another DS bike for my kids... and I hope they'll join me on many DS excursions. Matt lost interest in MX and we sold his MX bike last Fall; Christina is too busy for MX...the less I ride, the less she rides... I really miss motorcycling with my kids (In fact I'm shopping around for used DS bikes for them).

If I cant get either one to join me on this ride, I'll be happy to join JT with the Sweep Team.

Hey TrailBoss,

I'm going to try to get my son Matt, and/or my daughter Christina to do this ride with me. Matt has a motorcycle license, but Christina does not yet.

I'm think I'm ready to give up MX, sell my MX bike and buy another DS bike for my kids... and I hope they'll join me on many DS excursions. Matt lost interest in MX and we sold his MX bike last Fall; Christina is too busy for MX...the less I ride, the less she rides... I really miss motorcycling with my kids (In fact I'm shopping around for used DS bikes for them).

If I cant get either one to join me on this ride, I'll be happy to join JT with the Sweep Team.

Hi John, it would be better to ride with your kids, but if that can't happen, you are welcome on the sweep team. :chug:

RacerJohn,

It's okay if you quit MX but, just so you know, that's no excuse to change your name. :-P

I hope one or both kids decide to ride the TAC with you. That would be so awesome. :sun:

Last edited:
Dangit. Working those days and no way I can get them off. Maybe next year.

Why did you have to post all those pics? Just bury the knife deeper by showing how fun it can be.

600 miles? Ain't nuthin' over 2 days. Unless you can't go. Stupid job. :miffed:

I'm in, got my rooms reserved and now I just need to do the registration thing!
SWEEEEEET

Oh man, 25th high school reunion that same weekend. But, what says I'm still young and energetic and not feeling my middle agedness better than 600 miles on the motard?

Peter

Hi
Is this ride something a 63 yr old newcomer could handle. Not new to riding, but new to the offroad scene. Haven't ridden offroad in 30 yrs. Can you ride at your own pace? Do you have groups for the (slower) folks. etc.

If the LA-Barstow/Vegas ride doesn't pan out for me this year I plan to join in. Have the hotels in Buda & Junction typically booked up for this event in the past?

_

Riders,

My apologies to everyone but I am cancelling the Texas Adventure Challenge for personal reason. Only two riders have registered so I'm thinking not many will be affected by this decision.

FYI I talked to Silverbullet , we are keeping our reservation in Junction for that date. Were still riding those two days . I`ll start a new thread.

Back