• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Low Budget New Mexico

Hey notyou83, I'm glad you liked my post. If I'd been able to do without a hot shower I could have cut costs even further by camping out in the forest. I look forward to seeing a trip report from you some time soon. Take care.

Thanks for the ride report; New Mexico is so close and such good riding (and sight-seeing) that it more than suffices when you're "jonesing" for a road trip. I took that road up the west side of the Guadalupes from Dell City on a Triumph Tiger 900 (w/ street tires) several years ago. Then, it was no problem, and it is very scenic (in a way). I believe it follows "Indian Creek" most of the way. The roads up on top of the Guadalupes (north side of the range) can get pretty gnarly, but there's some excellent places in there.

Back