• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2014 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert Challenge, & Adventure Challenge: Mar 6-9, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2014 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert Challenge, & Adventure Challenge: Mar 6-9, 2

Oh, there's been lots! It's Terlingua!

yeah but who wants a 60 yr old sun baked hippie chick with hairy armpits haha

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Re: 2014 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert Challenge, & Adventure Challenge: Mar 6-9, 2

Oh, there's been lots! It's Terlingua!

Maybe Richard was making a rule...

I'll be there!

:popcorn:

sure had a good tyme last year

sw

This sounds like a blast!

OK, I got a reservation at HQ Dorado. See you cats in March.

I'm in. Good time last year.:rider:

Snake, thought you were doing the Dessert Challenge?? Bring your 400.:lol2:

Went to Big Bend a few years ago to ride in a AMA dual sport event that was sponsored by a Houston riders club. Had a great time. Unfortunately they haven't had their ride the last couple of years. Since so many of you guys said this was a fun event...we reserved two rooms at the El Dorado...planning on 3 of us attending. See you there.

I'm in. Good time last year.:rider:

Snake, thought you were doing the Dessert Challenge?? Bring your 400.:lol2:

Are you?
I'm trying to talk a good Tenere friend from Iowa to come down for this.
He's crazy enough to do the Desert Challenge!

I suspect both of you gents would put me over the top. How could I resist?
The 3 of us can pick anything up, right? :mrgreen:

Eemsreno, if you see this post, YOU GOTTA COME!

Reservation made at the El Dorado

I should be all warmed up for this after hopefully having run Baja full-length 3 weeks prior

Looking for company?

OK, I got a reservation at HQ Dorado. See you cats in March.
You got at least two other friends wanting to come....is your room a single?
:sun:

How big's the closet? :lol2:

Are you?
I'm trying to talk a good Tenere friend from Iowa to come down for this.
He's crazy enough to do the Desert Challenge!

I suspect both of you gents would put me over the top. How could I resist?
The 3 of us can pick anything up, right? :mrgreen:

Eemsreno, if you see this post, YOU GOTTA COME!

I'm really gonna try!! Back to working out and do good, so should be in shape for the ride. I'm doing the RTB in October, so that should let me know if I'm doing the Challenge.:lol2:

I'll try to get the time off for this. The Adv Challenge sounds like fun. I'll have to take the G-Strom.

Just made reservations for a room for MY6 and me. Can't wait for all the scoop to be posted! :flip:

Reservation made at the El Dorado - thinking about the challenge this year, do-able on a DR250?

Reservation made at the El Dorado - thinking about the challenge this year, do-able on a DR250?

I'd ride one if I owned it. Small bikes are more fun off pavement.
Last year we only averaged 28 mph, and we were the one of the first groups back.

My initial cunning plan is to hit Marathon on the 5th and do breakfast in Marfa and some mountain biking in the State Park on the 6th before heading to Terlingua.

Happy to entertain company.

You mean DRZ 250. There's no DR 250.

It is the heaviest out of all the Japan 250's. Becuase of the electric starter. It weighs as much as an XR 400. Might as well get a 400 if you've to wrestle the beast around. Don't be a wimp, learn to kick start.

But the DRZ is suppose to be lowest seat height of any 250. Just 35".

I reckon like any 250, it's going to be very uncomfortable on the highway compare to your KLR. It's probably geared very low and spaced very close together, which is great for offroad but bad for dualsport'ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back