• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Convoy DFW to Big Bend March 23

Traxx

Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Looking for interest in a convoy meeting up early at Loves or Pilet on I-20 Wearherford. Roll in at 5 ish and roll out at 5:30ish. I generally set the cruse at 3-5 mph over and let the diesel burn.
Cars, trucks and especially bikes are welcome.
The route I plan on is I-20 to Monahans then south to Ft Stockton and onward to Terilingua. 8 hours and 517 miles by google maps from Weathorford to Terilingua. When or if y'all post up you are in the I will put your name in a list here in the first post. If y'all have suggestions post up.

Last edited:
Have a great time!

I'll be thinking of you while I'm at work.

Looking for interest in a convoy meeting up early at Loves or Pilet on I-20 Wearherford. Roll in at 7 ish and roll out at 7:30ish. I generally set the cruse at 3-5 mph over and let the diesel burn.
The route I plan on is I-20 to Monahans then south to Ft Stockton and onward to Terilingua. 8 hours and 517 miles by google maps from Weathorford to Terilingua. When or if y'all post up you are in the I will put your name in a list here in the first post. If y'all have suggestions post up.

You can cut off on 1053 about 15 miles before you get to Monahans and comes out almost the same place in Fort Stockton 75mph great road and gets you off the slab a little quicker..
I`ll be a maybe, I normally am almost to Abilene at 7:30.
Then checked in and unloaded and porch by 3:30...:rider:

Good point, I was thinking about getting on the road earlier. I like that shortcut as well. Thanks.

I plan on leaving Highland Village at 4:00-4:30 and travel at a good clip over 3-4 over. I'll be carrying the bike in the pickup. I'm also trying to put together a route that'll be as little super-slab as possible without adding too much time to the drive.

If anyone desires an end-to-end adventure I have a route hat departs Weatherford and hits Terlingua with 0 miles of interstate. Yeah, it takes two days and incorporates Juno, but the "tweener" roads (winding in-between state highways) can really add to the overall BBNP experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can cut off on 1053 about 15 miles before you get to Monahans and comes out almost the same place in Fort Stockton 75mph great road and gets you off the slab a little quicker..
I`ll be a maybe, I normally am almost to Abilene at 7:30.
Then checked in and unloaded and porch by 3:30...:rider:

13 miles south on Hwy 1053, turn west on Hwy 1233.
There is a dune field either side of the pavement if you want to try your hand at sand riding.

It is. Up at 5 safety meeting at 5:30 paperwork by 6 and fixing stuff that the operators or seas break for the next 12. Yep it's sadistic.

Phillip`s not the only one in the wrong time zone..
I just looked at the dates and I`m going down on Wednesday the 22nd...:eek2::giveup:

I know the feeling. Working the shipyard in S Korea and Singapore can get your dates all messed up

Last edited:
If anyone desires an end-to-end adventure I have a route hat departs Weatherford and hits Terlingua with 0 miles of interstate. Yeah, it takes two days and incorporates Juno, but the "tweener" roads (winding in-between state highways) can really add to the overall BBNP experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds awesome. I figured out since I'm on a big adventure bike, it kinda beats the purpose of having it, if I trailer it down there. You plan to ride that route, or you are just sharing it with us?

Looking for interest in a convoy meeting up early at Loves or Pilet on I-20 Wearherford. Roll in at 5 ish and roll out at 5:30ish. I generally set the cruse at 3-5 mph over and let the diesel burn.

Are you pretty set on your departure time? I'm like 85 miles away from that Love's, so in order to be there by 5:30, I need to get up at 3.

Actually thinking of earlier, or possibly the day before. There hasn't been much interest sooooo.

Back