• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLE-NORTH 9-30 to 10-1-2017

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Lee
At popular request we will now have two TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLES per year. The one in May was a huge success. The next one is going to be Oct 1st in Jacksborro Tx. The RAMBLE will be teaming up with Jacksboro Texas Adventure Riders to give you twice the fun. On Saturday Sept 30th we will start off the fun with a field meet….so practice up on your slow riding. After the field meet we will have BBQ dinner and more fun. The Dual Sport ride will start Sunday morning Oct 1st at 8am. You can get more details and sign up at dualsportuniverse.com

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ywy1t87zE"]Texas Redneck Ramble North Oct 2017 HD - YouTube[/ame]

REL/ LITTLEGENERAL

HMMM!?? will be checking my work schedule!:rider:

Edit: just signed up! Looking forward to it!!!

Last edited:
As with all previous TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLES, we will be offering led groups by trained leaders.These groups fill up fast so don't put off signing up if you want to be placed in one. Thanks from the Little General:rider:

Well here we are just 7 weeks out from the fall TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLE-NORTH. Jacksboro has a very limited number of motel rooms and at this point, ride headquarters is booking up. We have 6 RV spots with hook ups for just $20 each at our ride center at the Twin Lakes facilities, there is also FREE camping and FREE showers. The motel is
BUTTERFIELD MOTEL @ 940-567-5567.
Don't put off signing up for the big event at dualsportuniverse.com
See ya there. REL

Well here we are just 7 weeks out from the fall TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLE-NORTH. Jacksboro has a very limited number of motel rooms and at this point, ride headquarters is booking up. We have 6 RV spots with hook ups for just $20 each at our ride center at the Twin Lakes facilities, there is also FREE camping and FREE showers. The motel is
BUTTERFIELD MOTEL @ 940-567-5567.
Don't put off signing up for the big event at dualsportuniverse.com
See ya there. REL

The free camping is located at the Twin Lakes facility? do we need to make reservations for the free camping spots?

jdsmetx, not at all...first come gets the first pick of spots, but no way will we run short. I only have 5 RV sports left. REL

We did a little test ride Tuesday on the TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLE-NORTH to see how the HERO section held up to rain from the night before...don't fret, there is also a novice route too. Enjoy the pic's. Led groups are filling up, sign-up soon at:
dualsportuniverse.com

kp96125.jpg

5AZpJJo.jpg

k61mZtm.jpg

QmAJwZt.jpg

5fSCp5E.jpg

I would like to bring my cb500x for a little practice on it. It will be a new experience on a bigger bike if the terrain is big bike friendly.

I would like to bring my cb500x for a little practice on it. It will be a new experience on a bigger bike if the terrain is big bike friendly.

I am not familiar with the CB500X, but worst case, you can choose not to ride a particular section if you are not comfortable with it. I have helped plan this ride, and it is our goal to accommodate a variety of bike sizes and styles. On the more technical section(s), you will have either a bypass or bailout option in most cases.

It is a dual sport event, so I wouldn't ride my street bike, although an experienced rider might find it interesting! :trust:

Hope this helps.

Come ride with us!

Craig
KLR 650

In! see you there. My GS is in the shop so i'll be on my old mans Tiger 1200XC(white).

In! see you there. My GS is in the shop so i'll be on my old mans Tiger 1200XC(white).

Come on up! The Little General is in town, we are doing last minute prep and route evaluation.

The rain we have had is going to make what was a great ride even better!!!

Craig

cf74870586a9239c482a501b92055292.jpg

All set up for Redneck Ramble!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f3bcad45531824fb567711928c32e128.jpg

A little friendly competition at the Ramble!
Egg toss
Slow race
Slalom
Barrel roll
And many others!!! Lots of fun

We all had a blast this weekend. Matt and I had a great time working with Robert, aka the Little General to set up this event.

I seldom have worked with anyone that demonstrates the care and professionalism that he and his wife do for the dual sport hobby (or any hobby for that matter).

Pre-rides and meetings to discuss areas of concern and what would be fun for as broad a spectrum of skills as possible were always in consideration. A lot of ideas were considered and trashed to come up with the Texas Redneck Ramble - North. I can't say enough.

He puts a lot of work into making sure that people have fun, get challenged to level they want, and get home safe. I have heard him say more than once "motorcycles are not my hobby, they are my life." I believe that!

Be sure and thank him!

And we thank everyone that participated and helped make this event a success. We hope to see you next year!!!

Post your pictures I want to see the fun from your point of view!!

Craig
Jacksboro Texas Adventure Riders

ff014f587b26692f4213fd45e47d44c5.jpg

Shot out to the Ranger who didn’t think twice about jumping in the water to help pick up bikes.

What he said ^^^

Looks like it was a great time!

We should have some more pics up as we get time to process them. I had the pleasure having some great guys in my group. I wanted to post this to show the variety of riding and riders we had at the event.

This young fellow is a retired racer (Look for Texas Leisure Chair! Team) who competed with the Little General and was a ground breaker in the early days of MX events. I didn't know it until we got down the road a bit, the first corner I knew something was up!!! I think I saw his foot come out to kick me one time!

He could smoke my backside anytime he wanted. I just had more horsepower on the straight-a-ways!

He is riding a vintage 1970's Kawasaki. I had asked him about it when he unloaded it Saturday. He said it had been stored in his barn under a tarp for over 10 years. He decided to make it run and ride it. He hadn't rode in a bike event himself in several years if I understand correctly. The bike performed great in a variety of road conditions, including a river crossing that I bypassed and about 150 miles of dual sport riding...

All I can say is, I am honored!!! He is a rider, and my group had a great time!

Thanks Joe Joiner for allowing me to lead you through the Texas Redneck Ramble - North.

The-kawasaki-bike.jpg

Last edited:
Back