• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ozark Escape - A great ride in Arkansas

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
James
Had a great 850 miles weekend. Got to ride some fun roads and meet some new friends. Fun stuff. You can read the ride report here: http://www.motoadrenaline.net/2018/04/is-this-heaven-no-it-is-arkansas-ozark.html

Here are some pictures from the weekend.

IMG_20180427_100028-L.jpg

IMG_20180428_090217-X3.jpg

IMG_20180428_091652-X3.jpg

IMG_20180428_091700-X3.jpg

IMG_20180428_112344-L.jpg

IMG_20180428_123232-X3.jpg

I recognize the Peel Ferry.I just stumbled onto it last Friday returning from MO, never knew it was there. Looks like you are coming across opposite direction from the south. Just my bike and one pickup truck went across and four workers on the ferry. I was texting on my phone and not looking up. When I finally did we were almost halfway across, I didn't even realize we had left the dock as it was so smooth.

Is Hankin's Store open again? It had been closed down for quite some time. It was always a favorite place of mine to stop for some ice cream after running Hwy 123 between Clarksville and Mt Judea.

Is Hankin's Store open again? It had been closed down for quite some time. It was always a favorite place of mine to stop for some ice cream after running Hwy 123 between Clarksville and Mt Judea.

It was closed but there was a sign that new management had taken over and to stay tuned. I am hoping someone opens up soon.

Thanks for posting up your trip. I’ll head over and read the rest on your blog.

Last year(think around early October) we made a run up in that area and the store was open. Someone in our group knew the owners so they visited for a few mins then later that evening they met up with us at Jack's Resort in Mountain View for dinner. Good ride.
Have not heard what the status is since then.

Good times! Wish Harrison was only 2.5 hours away from me. :(

It was almost 2000 miles for me on this weekend trip.
I trailered a bike from DFW to Harrison (420mi & 7hrs from my house....) only to have the bike fall over in the parking lot and crack an engine cover. (don't know how.... unloaded, went inside to use the facilities, and came back out to see it flopped on it's side.)
Loaded back up, drove home (420mi & 7hrs), got another bike and rode back to Harrison (420mi & 7hrs). We did around 250mi on Saturday and riding the ferry almost took the pain away from cracking up my newest bike. Notice I'm not completely smiling sitting on top of my blue BMW RT on the ferry.
It sure was fun riding Saturday though... just would have been "funner" if I hadn't smashed $600 worth of parts. (and another 420mi & 7hrs back home again) Ugh!

Last edited:
Back