• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MexTrek, Oct 22-25, 2008

Just thought I'd give this a little bump. It's been a little over 3 years since I returned from this trip. I had a blast but life has thrown me a few curve balls and I haven't been able to make it back....yet....

Tonight I am sitting in a hotel in McAllen with TVIP and tourist permit in hand ready to blast across the border in the morning. Plan to work my way down to Oaxaca and then on to Zipolite where I'm gonna stick my toes in the sand and and sip on some cervezas frias for a couple of weeks.

Que le vaya bien, Kenny!

If you see Balloonman on the beach tell him Schizz says hi.

I left McAllen this morning and made it to Xilitla around 4pm. Had a feral hog run out in front of me and scare the pee outta me. Got dive-bombed by a buzzard, quizzed by the Federales at a checkpoint and stopped and searched at 3 different military checkpoints. :mrgreen:

It's all good though. Young kids just wanted to check out the bike and quiz me about where I was from and where I was going. I would come up to the checkpoint in a line of cars and they were just waving everyone thru.....until they saw me. Pulled me over to the side every time. They wanted to see and talk about every thing on the bike. The last time they pulled some school kid about 15 over to practice his English. Made some new friends and had a good time. I left there laughing my butt off.:rofl:

Heading out to find some toco's and beer. Life is good in Mexico. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed traveling here. Well, I guess I just forgot.

Kenny

Our house is open to you in Austin if you would like to pass by on your way back.
You sure where nice to us at Barber.

Vinny.

Vinny!!!! How ya' doing man? I may just take you up on that. Should be passing back thru sometime around the 28th or 29th.

I plan to be in Oaxaca by Sunday. The forecast for next week is 85 and sunny all week. :)

That weather forecast really sucks,,, Looks like you have to tough it out down there
Wish I was there.
Mike
Vinny!!!! How ya' doing man? I may just take you up on that. Should be passing back thru sometime around the 28th or 29th.

I plan to be in Oaxaca by Sunday. The forecast for next week is 85 and sunny all week. :)

What is the name of the hotel in Galeana? I can get a buddy in Mexico to make reservations if the big bike crew wishes me to do that the respond in the affirmative.

Hotel Magdalena. Telephone: 826-213-0106 (from the U.S., 011 52 826 213 0106).

Yes I would love it if you included me in the reservations.

Hotel Magdalena. Telephone: 826-213-0106 (from the U.S., 011 52 826 213 0106).

Yes I would love it if you included me in the reservations.

10-4 will do. Did we decide on leaving trucks in airport parking? Also, can you provide telephone for the hotel in McAllen that we are staying at?

Motel 6 McAllen #212
700 West Expressway 83
US 83 at 2nd Street
McAllen TX 78501
Phone: (956) 687-3700
FAX: (956) 630-3180

Any word on parking at the relatives for a few days on the way down?

Back