• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Belated Introduction

Scott

Reaction score
I registered here a few days ago and posted a couple of messages on the forum, but never bothered to introduce myself...

Hi, my name is Scott and I am a motorcyclist. I have been using motorcycles off and on since '82. It all started with a '76 Honda CJ360T and I have been unable and/or unwilling to quit.

I have a '01 Honda CBR929 that is the first new bike I have owned. It also is the second bike I have crashed (the first being the aforementioned '76 CJ360T in what I now know was a lowside). I am rebuilding the 929 slowly, and have purchased antother bike to tide me over until the 929 is back on the road ('91 CB750 Nighthawk).

While I would like to think I am an good rider, I realize I still have much to learn. I don't think of myself as a 'squid' (who does, though :mrgreen: ).... at least anymore. :twisted: When I was young and invincible I admittedly did some real stupid stuff. Fortunately I survived my own stupidity and have mellowed out greatly. 8)

:chug:

:tab As you gain more experience, you also learn to tuck the tentacles up inside your jacket where they are not so obvious ;-)

:tab On a related note, try reading Kith Code's Twist of the Wrist I and II. His writing style leaves a little to be desired according to most people, but the content is excellent. Also, Ken Condon (sp?) has a book called Proficient Motorcycling that is highly recommended. You might not think reading a book about riding would help you much, but you'd be amazed at how much it does!

:tab Then of course, there are track days... *sigh* But those cost money and they never seem to happen at the same time that I have money. Well... I so seldom have extra money... *sigh* Anyway, they come very highly recommended.

Back