• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Let it Snow! - Ride To Eat

pacman

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I need to check Snow's BBQ off my BBQ Bucket List, and since I got back in the saddle a couple of months ago I've been itching to take a little ride. This happy coincidence leads me to the following plan:

**UPDATE**
When: Saturday, April 1, 8:00am -note this is a later time
Snow's is only open on Saturday. They open at 8am, and I was planning on getting there at that time, but further research has led me to realize that getting there by 10ish is pretty safe. But you will still most likely have to wait in line. If that's not your thing (and I totally get that), then this probably isn't the RTE for you.

Where: Meet at QuickTrip, Alvarado. SW corner of I35W and HWY67. I'll be there about 7:30, kickstands up at 8:00.

I plan on slabbing it to Snow's to get there at a predictable time. I know slab sucks, but at when you have a BBQ line that won't wait for you, who really cares? I plan on hitting some FM's for the trip home. There aren't too many curves out that way, but we'll find a few.

I welcome any and all who want to join. I don't ride super fast, but I don't ride slow either. I'll give everyone the route beforehand so you don't feel like you have to keep up, or you can go on ahead if you think we're going too slow. But really, there's only one Snow's and it's super easy to find.

New riders: This will be a 300+ mile day. Make sure your back side is ready for that many miles in the saddle. The temps will likely be cold at departure, and warm later on. Dress for that, and shed layers as the day goes on. Bring a tank bag or tail pack to stow your layers. I'll also lay out some simple group ride road rules before we depart. Nothing major, just some basic safety stuff to keep you from getting me killed and vice versa. :deal: [emoji38]2:

We'll stop for gas at approximately 120 miles.

Who's in? Any of you old TWTer's who used to ride with me want to have a little reunion ride? :rider:

Edited to correct date.

Last edited:
Revised the departure and arrival times. Original post updated with details.

You can sleep a little bit later!

oops, posted in wrong thread....

Last edited:
Man, oh man, I've often thought about the Saturday morning rides you used to put on. So glad to see you back on a bike. Would love to make this but the timing just doesn't work out for me. If you decide to start the Saturday rides up again, put me in the loop, I'll make as many as I can.

Man, oh man, I've often thought about the Saturday morning rides you used to put on. So glad to see you back on a bike. Would love to make this but the timing just doesn't work out for me. If you decide to start the Saturday rides up again, put me in the loop, I'll make as many as I can.

Those were some great rides! I don't think my schedule will allow me to do regular Saturday rides, but I definitely will do an occasional one.

Following

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Interested....

Hope you guys can make it!

Last edited:
Woohoo, I couldn't make every Saturday then and for sure can't now. But I will keep my eyes peeled...

I'm interested and the schedule appears open. I've eaten there once, maybe in 2010. I recall it was very good BBQ. Need to go back. Will firm up my involvement in the coming week.

I'm interested and the schedule appears open. I've eaten there once, maybe in 2010. I recall it was very good BBQ. Need to go back. Will firm up my involvement in the coming week.

Excellent, Dahveed, hope you can make it!

Googley maps shows the quick route to be an guesstimated 2 hours and 21 minutes - without a gasoline stop at 120 miles. Are you going to ride that fast to still make it at 10:00?

Well, that's also factoring in some sort of construction and 2 wrecks on i-35. Hopefully they'll have those wrecks cleared by then. :sun:

I'll fire up the flux capacitor to get those 21 minutes back. You guys can all make 88, right?

Seriously, I'm thinking we'll be fine getting there at 10:30ish, what do you guys think?

pacman

I'll fire up the flux capacitor to get those 21 minutes back. You guys can all make 88, right?

Seriously, I'm thinking we'll be fine getting there at 10:30ish, what do you guys think?

pacman

The GS is rated at 89, so yeah!

I'm watching the weather forecast closely. Currently it calls for afternoon rain, some severe storms. Hmmm.

I'll let you know my participation on Friday afternoon. Usually the 24 hour forecast is reasonable accurate.

I'm watching the weather forecast closely. Currently it calls for afternoon rain, some severe storms. Hmmm.

I'll let you know my participation on Friday afternoon. Usually the 24 hour forecast is reasonable accurate.

I saw the afternoon rain as well. If it comes down to it, I'll just slab it back home to (mostly) avoid the wet stuff. I really want to eat that barbecue, but I don't want to ride for hours in the rain.

If part of tomorrow is anything like today:sun:, I'm very interested in making the Snow run with you gentlemen. :rider: :eat:

I saw the afternoon rain as well. If it comes down to it, I'll just slab it back home to (mostly) avoid the wet stuff. I really want to eat that barbecue, but I don't want to ride for hours in the rain.

Yeah, I think I'm in. I don't want to miss a good day and it might be one. Especially since the rest of the weekend is supposed to be crappy.

Excellent! I'll see you guys at the Alvarado QT in the morning! :rider:

Wunderground is showing less than a 15% chance all day until about 4pm. Humidity will be high, but, knock on wood, we should be able to avoid the rain.

I'm still in. I'll check the forecast again when I wake. I'll post here if I seeing something that makes me change my mind.

I think Snow's used to be cash only, so plan accordingly. That might have changed, not sure.

Should be cool weather tomorrow. :eat:

7a2eabd7f5fa9363e2bfa42c578a5183.jpg

Had a great time. It was nice meeting/seeing everyone. Got a few raindrops on me 5 miles from the house. Glad I came home when I did. Thanks Pacman for planning this ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I had seen this. I would have gone. I've been to nearly all the famous BBQ places but have yet to hit Snows.

Back