• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fun reading on cornering

Tourmeister said:
Howdy,

I especially like the pic of the blue VFR 800 doing a wheelie with everything including the kitchen sink strapped to the back of it ;-)

I think that VFR is just tipping over backwards from all the weight over the tail! :lol:

But it looks like a potential disaster may be about to occur too - notice the low wall the guy is headed for down in the lower right corner of the photo? :eek:

Interesting article. For a while now, I've been experimenting with shifting my weight to the inside while going through curves at a quick pace (not going so far as to actually get my knee down) and it does seem to help make the bike track better. Now, if I can only master smooth braking and down-shifting on the approach. :roll:

scratch said:
Now, if I can only master smooth braking and down-shifting on the approach. :roll:

Try blipping the throttle with the clutch in between shifts to help match engine speed to bike speed. When done right, it is super smooth and feels AWESOME. Kinda like I'm a MotoGP racer guy... Okay not really, but I can dream... :mrgreen: Weather should be good this weekend for a ride. Finals studying and one last project to finish will keep me close to home, but there's no way I'm going to miss out on putting some miles on my new rear BT-020 this weekend. :-D

Back