• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cuzn' Bob's start of riding season party 3/26/2016

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Cuzn' Bob (Robert) is a bike mechanic in Austin and a vendor on here. This is his second annual party. The band you see pictured has a TWTer playing in it too, Boulder Ed. Gray beard, cool hat. :-)

All the pictures are here: https://woodbutcher.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Cuzn-Bobs-2016-Spring-Party

Here's Bob at the mike:

IMD_9640-L.jpg

And Ed and the band:

IMD_9539-L.jpg

IMD_9632-L.jpg

Stand up bass players are so cool everything leans for them.

IMD_9599-L.jpg

IMD_9605-L.jpg

IMD_9623-L.jpg

Lead singer:

IMD_9609-L.jpg

And his personal cheering section, clapping for dad.

IMD_9651-L.jpg

Some bikes:

IMD_9523-L.jpg

IMD_9527-L.jpg

IMD_9565-L.jpg

Hey, whatcha got over there? I'll take it...

IMD_9666-L.jpg

And yes, he was staring at this:

IMD_9669-L.jpg

and these:

IMD_9671-L.jpg

Cuz'n Bob's Birthday Bash...

Here's a few snaps from Cuz'n Bob's party this past weekend celebrating his business. For those who don't know, Bob (Robert) was a Master Mechanic at Lonestar BMW. When Lonestar was sold, Robert went out on his own. I've used him a couple times and he remains my "mechanic" for all things BMW. He's good people....

Boulder Ed with his band:
i-8rNgSHt-XL.jpg

And Boulder Ed himself on the right:
i-RxM5zpg-XL.jpg

Scooter riders get special parking:
i-9DVZntV-XL.jpg

This sure is a purty Beemer....
i-DRFwR9w-XL.jpg

...along with another cool old airhead:
i-xWZD76C-XL.jpg

Not sure he'll appreciate the picture, but here's Bob himself clowning around. :-)
i-9CNhj2w-XL.jpg

One of the Burlesque Beer Girls (I'm hoping to run a portrait series with her shortly)
i-WzqwNcX-XL.jpg

Most folks don't appreciate just how hard this photography thing is. ESPECIALLY if you have a beer in your hand you must protect at all times. Here, Rusty (Woodbutcher) demonstrates the tried and true method of not only shooting with a 70-200mm lens, but also PROTECTING the beer at the same time.
i-Xg4DWXS-XL.jpg

And here's the front side for additional information on how it's done:
i-d9gNzQm-XL.jpg

All of which leads us to a bigger discussion. Are we adding beer to our transmissions or are we drinking gear oil? They sure look the same to me. A cup of beer for reference on the left and a mug of beer on the far right. I'm thinking this Amsoil thing is just "beer syrup" and all the bars do is add fizzy water. :ponder:
i-r8XXvgw-XL.jpg

Our own Carolyn (KamLeeR) picking up a door prize she scored
i-rJC8CH3-XL.jpg

Re: Cuz'n Bob's Birthday Bash...

Boulder Ed with his band:
i-8rNgSHt-XL.jpg

Either that guy on the left is REALLY wide, or you are getting some serious distortion from that wide angle lens!!

Since Scott was shooting this 10-18?mm, I went long with the 70-200mm. At 10mm everything on the sides gets wide. :-)

Back