• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lil' Spin From DFW for Bluebonnets & Good Tex-Mex!

philipbarrett

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Headed out for a little spin through Ferris & Ennis today. The bluebonnets weren't in full bloom but then neither were the crowds. Still very pretty & capped off with a great lunch at Nortenos in Ennis.

GPX file attached for those who'd like to follow in our wheel ruts. There's a partial loop which kinda takes in some of the best areas.

Highview Park were a full dresser Indian ride was also taking place.

DSC00129-L.jpg

Proof positive that you can fool some of the people some of the time!

DSC00130-L.jpg

Attachments

• Ennis Bluebonnet Ride.GPX
    55 KB · Views: 209
Nice, we were out there too today, in the wife's cage. She got a new camera this past week and has been dying to try it out. Couldn't ask for a better day and the blue bonnets were good enough for closeup shots. Still no fields packed with them but beautiful none the less. Likely we passed each other at some point, though I don't remember seeing your bike among the many I did see.

Thanks! I may actually get some time out next week and this might be the way to go :-)

Tip: Print off the current bluebonnet trails map, then follow the arrows in reverse. Everyone else is following them as the map points, so you don't end up behind all of them. :D

I am going to meet another TWTer Thursday to ride the Ennis area Bluebonnet trail. We will BOTH be on sl350s. Any "can't miss" suggestions?

AHHHHH!!! The Dreaded Bluebonnet Plague.

Park anywhere to get the picture, tromp over a patch so you can get the exact shot with you and the dog in a pristine field of bluebonnets, only to find the person before you left footprints and butt prints where you wanted to take your picture (and leave your foot prints etc). My son coined the phrase when he was in High School, the road to our house is a beautiful spot for pictures. Springtime in the hill country is why we live here, it is stunning, and most of us are glad to share.

AHHHHH!!! The Dreaded Bluebonnet Plague.

Park anywhere to get the picture, tromp over a patch so you can get the exact shot with you and the dog in a pristine field of bluebonnets, only to find the person before you left footprints and butt prints where you wanted to take your picture (and leave your foot prints etc). My son coined the phrase when he was in High School, the road to our house is a beautiful spot for pictures. Springtime in the hill country is why we live here, it is stunning, and most of us are glad to share.

Jeez Brad, get off my lawn will ya!

I am going to meet another TWTer Thursday to ride the Ennis area Bluebonnet trail. We will BOTH be on sl350s. Any "can't miss" suggestions?

Well I'd certainly say Nortenos Mexican but also, if you follow my GPS on the way back into town on the old road it actually dead ends in a gate about 1/4 mile down from the turn off back to "main" 287. According to Google Maps there's nothing to see but according to my Texas Topo there's a track and a bridge. Hunger pangs had got to me so I wasn't about to go exploring but it might be interesting.

Here's where you can get the current map I was referring to.
http://www.visitennis.org/images/bbmap2016.pdf

On that map, this particular corner was pretty popular and a good spot to stop at. Watch for the soft mud on the side of the road on the south side of the hill.

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.4572616,-96.596655,358m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!9m1!1b1

If you are super serious about your bluebonnet pics, make sure you bring all your gear. Good luck pulling this off with the little 350. :rofl:

2016-04-03%2013-3_zpsuktfi7jg.jpg

This better? Nace (fellow twter) and the two SLs.

26205206852_35b9ea29c8_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back