• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sissy's pre trip report. We hadn't even started year.

Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Wolf
Alice's Restaurant was stuck in my head all morning and this is the result of that.
Names have been changed to protect the guilty

At 630 this morning we found out Rider 1 would not be leading our ride today or be attending at all. Shortly after we were notified rider 2 decided that he would not be attending the the ride to Sissy's either.

Now, rider 1 had a leaky valve stem and its suspect that rider 2 had no desire to follow rider 3 down back roads, dirt roads, and homemade bridges. Rider 2 had no idea that rider 4 would tell rider 3 that had thread showing on his rear tire and it might not be a good idea for him to be leading our Ride today or attending at all.

Now rider 4 remembered the stories of when rider 3 tried to lead and he didn't want the same so when rider 5 showed up rider 4 let rider 5 know that rider 1 would not be leading our ride today or attending at all and that it was suspect that rider 2 didn't want to follow rider 3 who was also out because rider 4 had pointed out to rider 3 that had thread showing on his rear tire and it might not be a good idea for him to be leading our Ride today or attending at all.

Rider 4 told rider 5 about the time rider 3 tried to lead And how he didn't want no part of it and rider 5 said since it was just he and I that he would take the lead and he did.

I say the answer is 8. This is one of those common core math questions right?

As long as the required 3 unintended u-turns were executed it qualifies. :rider:

Riders 1 and 2 were obviously in cahoots, do not wait on them next time.

Stuff like that is why I do 99.9% of my riding solo. Gravel, dirt, broken blacktop , good paved roads are all in my menu and the amount of the day depends on which bike I go out on , at a moment's notice ;=) . Love my retired life.

Bac in the 80s when I started explorin the hill country's county roads... I usta ride by myself a lot....
I still do now & then when I need a break. But leading other folks around (&around) is really enjoyable for me at least. Once in a while there'll b someone along who isnt quite complete in their bike checks (Im bad about worn tires myself).... but the ride goes on...

No pictures... It did not happen.
One of the unnamed riders got new tires mounted.
:trust:

No pictures... It did not happen.
One of the unnamed riders got new tires mounted.
:trust:

I'm not about to try and load a picture from my phone. I have a sweet tread shot I can share come Monday.

Stuff like that is why I do 99.9% of my riding solo. Gravel, dirt, broken blacktop , good paved roads are all in my menu and the amount of the day depends on which bike I go out on , at a moment's notice ;=) . Love my retired life.

Ah...it's all in good fun. I got in 300 miles and had a great ride . Some times minor Issues make for good stories.

The Katy group is a good group to ride with and things usually go with out a hitch. I do plenty of solo riding and it's nice to have others along every once in a while to ride and visit with .

Back