• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2017 MexTrek #6, Oct 26th to 29th 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be arriving at the hotel in Mission about 4 p.m. . I'll unload the bike and head across the border to get paperwork as soon as possible. Anybody wants to join me, look for the Honda xr650r.

Just FYI, for some reason the border lady insisted on seeing our bikes. Mine was there but the other guys were not. They ended up taking their way out of it but it was looking like a hassle at first.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just FYI, for some reason the border lady insisted on seeing our bikes. Mine was there but the other guys were not. They ended up taking their way out of it but it was looking like a hassle at first.

Taken too kingsville station and searched. Vehicles searched. Cleared. Be careful.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Any of our guys at A Shell gas statiok in Refugio on a KTM 950?
I see it parked here. If any of us and n ed help, call me.

Mark 832 319-9829

Hi - that’s me. :(

I’m out. Oil pump or oil pump chain broke. :(

Currently sitting in Beeville at a U-Haul rental, planning my (expensive) return to Katy.

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi - that’s me. :(

I’m out. Oil pump or oil pump chain broke. :(

Currently sitting in Beeville at a U-Haul rental, planning my (expensive) return to Katy.

:(

Jeez that sucks. Sorry to hear it. Thank goodness didn't happen deep in Mexico.

Good luck

14 bikes here tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

There'll be more tomorrow...

Why don't you and your group ride up from Galeana to Rayones to Montemorelos to Santiago and meet us and we'll ride the Gold Standard route counter clockwise?

Maybe this gold standard backwards and meet on the way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Jeez that sucks. Sorry to hear it. Thank goodness didn't happen deep in Mexico.

Good luck

Thanks copb8.
My buddy Curtis doubled me into Beeville; then we split ways - each on our respective rides. :s
e12983802be4b55a52d4448aaf67d12c.jpg

...after all the late-night hours of prep this week; she was all set to go..
128dd98b3e5bd4261055cbbbff849bd0.jpg

- but sadly, the only road ahead for her to see was this:
184adb98f63087654dcf1d995350517b.jpg

[emoji22][emoji26][emoji26]
Gutted.

- I SO badly wanted to tear those mountains apart.. and ended by an unpredictable catastrophic engine failure.

-sigh- back to work tomorrow, I guess.

Excellent. Keep up with the updates . We love it.

It looks like southeast of galeana south of iturbide on the loop via cuevas to camarones to santa ines back to cuevas maybe ? Am i close doug and ken ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back