• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2nd Annual Beyond EPIC Labor Day Weekend Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.
centextom,

As a point of introduction you should know that tricepilot (Bob in real life) is a chucklehead and known troublemaker here on TWT. We only let him hang around to see what crazy thing he is going to do or post next.

By the way, welcome to the asylum. No need to abandon all hope but it does help to know the inmates are running the place.

See you at the Beyond EPIC Extravaganza. It's gonna be epic.

****, I aint mad, Just havin fun also!:rider: Cant wait for the ride, and Id like to ride or at least meet a few guys before the ride. I got no problem buying the beer, as long as its Pearl:trust:

Hi all! I am fairly new to TWT. This ride looks like fun. I may try to make this. I have a 2008 KLR with Gripster tires on her. Will I need more of a 50/50 tire for this ride?

I am pretty much a novice off the pavement. Been riding some gravel roads and forest service gravel roads up in the Sam Houston National Forest. Sp I would probably be a slow poke on a ride such as this.

I am located in Houston. So if there is a group going up from here that Friday I may join in.

Hi, bsheet2.

The Gripster will be fine for the Beyond EPIC.

I just made my reservation, The Hills has one smoking room left only for Sept 5 but there are several hotels within a short distance on Main Street.

made a reservation :rider: still need the kitchen pass :doh:

Is there any possible camping near the hotel?

If I get my bike in order (really hot outside and only a parking lot to work in) I might be able to ride this one. Only I like to do things on the cheap and camping is right up my alley..:lol2:

There are several campgrounds in and around Junction. One of them should have a spot for you.

More like 2.5 to 3 hours to Austin depending on stops.

Snot, I just found out I will not be able to do this ride. I was gettin pumped up to go on this too.

Richard I may have to purchase the GPS tracks and maps from you. This looks like an excellent adventure ride. I will not want to wait a whole year to try it.

the Beyond EPIC Extravaganza. It's gonna be epic.

Hopefully it's gonna be BEYOND epic? Not going to make this one; my girlfriend blew out her shoulder and is grounded till October - but maybe TAR next year. Y'all have fun!

More like 2.5 to 3 hours to Austin depending on stops.

Snot, I just found out I will not be able to do this ride. I was gettin pumped up to go on this too.

Richard I may have to purchase the GPS tracks and maps from you. This looks like an excellent adventure ride. I will not want to wait a whole year to try it.

Sorry you can't make besheet2, I'm going to do everything possible to make it to this one, although I may have to camp somewhere too.

I booked my room back in June.

After having ridden a Honda CRF230L for a year (3,500 miles) it was time to get bigger wheels.

I recently purchased a 2008 KLR.

I work in the cigar business and am interested to know what you all like to smoke.

See you all at Jim's on Sat, Sept 5.

There will be four of us making this ride. Sounds like a great time.

Attachments

• IMG_1152[1]1.jpg
    IMG_1152[1]1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 386
I work in the cigar business and am interested to know what you all like to smoke.

I like the Macanudo and Rocky Patel brands. Haven't tried all the cigars these 2 companies make, but the ones I've tried I like.

Man, that's just crazy talk, Bob.

Not only do we smoke like a chimney we drink beer like it will be outlawed the next day.

Well.....maybe not.

But still, we do smoke a cigar every now and then.

Yes, occasionally we have a cigar. Here's tricepilot exhibiting true adventure rider form at TAR 2009.

507126325_VcGd7-M-1.jpg

I've got to call about a room one of these days or I'll be sleeping on Bob's GS. :eek2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back