• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I found my dream DS!

L8RG8R

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
To bad its not sold in the US. :tears::miffed::argh::wary::miffed::tears:

I give you the Aprilia Pegaso Trail

b61627f5.jpg

Tires are too skinny.

I dig the Aprilia Pegaso Factory...

p01577_0127.jpg

I was actually just checking out this site the other day. I've got the bug for an adventure/DS/supermoto bike.

Looks very nice but very fragile in the event of the inevitable dual sport crash.

Having recently spent a week or so riding in Europe, I can see exactly why this style of bikes is so popular there and not here. I saw lots of them everywhere we traveled. Especially old Honda Trans Alps.

Europe is small compared to the US. Many roads are very twisty and narrow with relatively slow speeds. In the old cities the roads are narrower yet.

They work great on mountain pass roads that may have less than stellar road surface.

People in Europe ride bikes as transportation and not just toys. These bikes are very practical in lots of weather and road conditions.

Gas is very expensive and smaller displacement makes them more economical to buy, ride and service.

People understand that bigger is not always better.

In the US with rare exceptions the exact opposite is true. which means they won't sell well here and therefore are not imported.

Back