• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Houston

Red5

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Like a few of the riders who have already posted here, I was referred to this site through the Houston Sportbike Network. Hope to meet some more new people on rides in the future.

I've been riding for about seven years. Have owned a Suzuki Bandit 400, Yamaha YZF600, and Honda CBR600. Currently riding a CBR900RR.

Keep up the good work, Scott. Looks like a great site.

Frank

Mmmmmm Bandit 400

One of the guys I ocassionally ride with has an RVF400 miniceptor that is in incredible shape. He rides it like he stole it! When I sit on it, I just cannot get over how small it feels compared to my VFR 800. Only having 1/3rd the HP is no big deal when you are hauling 150 fewer lbs around with you! :twisted:

Oh man RVF....don't even get me started. If I thought I could find one and get it street legal without a bunch of hassle (not to mention parts getting) I'd be looking for one right now.

Small bikes rule!!! Well, except for the GSXR 1K......mmmmm gsxr 1000.

The Bandit 400 was my first motorcycle, a high-revving and very flickable bike. Was originally looking for a Yamaha Seca or a Kawi ZX-6 but I'm glad I came across the Bandit instead. With a good set of sticky tires and upgraded shocks, you can just throw that bike into the corners like there was no tomorrow. Still kicking myself for having to let it go, but I needed something larger/heavier for freeway riding and I couldn't afford at that time keeping two bikes at once. But if anyone out there knows of a well-kept '91 - '93 Bandit 400 (preferably in red) in the area, give me a heads-up...

Back