• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My dad needs your help

Kidder

Reaction score
Dear Prayer Warriors,

My dad needs everything he can get. He went into the ER yesterday with a pneumonia diagnosis. Since then, he has been diagnosed with sepsis, kidney failure and he's on a respirator.

We are hoping they can get the infection under control and the kidneys functioning ASAP.

Thanks, everyone.

Judd

I went through almost exactly that scenario with my dad when he was probably 88. He pulled through. Prayers coming your way.

Here's the latest:

His liver is starting to improve (the sepsis was affecting it negatively) and his kidneys are slowing a slight improvement. They started him on dialysis yesterday since they weren't functioning enough to help with the septic shock. So, for now, he is improving but he isn't out of the woods yet and will have a long road to recovery if he can make it through.

So, thanks everyone for the kind words and prayers.

Keep it up!

I'm not a religious person but sending a man hug and good thoughts that way. Hang in there. Your dad has a good son, family is important and having someone there when things get rough is invaluable.

So my dad's liver numbers weren't improving like they hoped and his jaundice color wasn't going away.

The biopsy showed cancer of the liver although they aren't sure of the exact kind.

His hematology/oncology doctor came by yesterday. He discussed options including chemo. He is going to discuss with the kidney doctor on what he can tolerate. He said velcade is what they would use for kidney failure but would also help with myeloma. But, since the liver is compromised they would need to work on proper dosing. He also said he may discuss steroid treatment which may be successful in getting the liver to turn around. He is going to discuss with everyone. He will be back tomorrow.

They are awaiting pathology to give no kidding results of cancer to determine treatment.

I know this is a lot of detail but it's the only way I can explain clearly.

His spirits are dwindling. So, keep the prayers, thoughts, etc coming!

So my dad's liver numbers weren't improving like they hoped and his jaundice color wasn't going away.

The biopsy showed cancer of the liver although they aren't sure of the exact kind.

His hematology/oncology doctor came by yesterday. He discussed options including chemo. He is going to discuss with the kidney doctor on what he can tolerate. He said velcade is what they would use for kidney failure but would also help with myeloma. But, since the liver is compromised they would need to work on proper dosing. He also said he may discuss steroid treatment which may be successful in getting the liver to turn around. He is going to discuss with everyone. He will be back tomorrow.

They are awaiting pathology to give no kidding results of cancer to determine treatment.

I know this is a lot of detail but it's the only way I can explain clearly.

His spirits are dwindling. So, keep the prayers, thoughts, etc coming!

Thanks for the update.....we are here for you! :sun:

I will keep praying for him, that the Lord's will may be to heal him, and that God will give you and your family the strength and comfort in the difficult times ahead, whatever the direction may be. Be extra careful when you ride now, as major events like this in our life affect our skills and perception in a big way and most of the time we do not even detect it.

Praying for you. My wife had live cancer 5 years ago and I know what you are going through. It's a tough road but stand by his side and read to him the Bible when ever you can.

Back