• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Southeast Louisiana Flooding

mattc

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Coffin
Not sure what y'all have heard or seen of this situation, but the flooding is off the charts. My immediate family is safe and dry but a few of my riding buddies here and in laws are dealing with flooded homes.

My wife and I are helping in the small way that we can. We will have family moving in with us.

This is a catastrophic situation for a heavily populated region of our state. Please keep us in your thoughts / vibes / prayers.

My company just deployed a huge number of medics, paramedics, ambulances, and equipment over there from the stations in Texas. I hope they find that they weren't really needed.

That's terrible. I feel for your friends and family Matt. After being involved in 3 separate floods here in recent months I know the devastation and helplessness.

Was NOLA hit at all? No mention of it on that link. I have reservations this coming weekend.

_

My company just deployed a huge number of medics, paramedics, ambulances, and equipment over there from the stations in Texas. I hope they find that they weren't really needed.
I hope so too, but I think they will be needed.
That's terrible. I feel for your friends and family Matt. After being involved in 3 separate floods here in recent months I know the devastation and helplessness.

Was NOLA hit at all? No mention of it on that link. I have reservations this coming weekend.

_
NOLA is OK, SW Mississippi and the Baton Rouge to Hammond area got nearly 25 inches of rain at the end of the week, no where for all that water to go.

If you were at the last (I think) BBQ4U, here in Cibolo, Redfish (former ST1300, now one of those ridiculous FJR rider) stopped in during his SS1K. @gixxerjasen knows him from the FJR side of the house.

He's doing OK, being right near there. His house is on high ground. He did pick up a couple refugees (two HDs), who will live out the remainder of the storm in his lockup.

So, while I sincerely hope everyone there is OK, the one person I know is there definitely is OK.

78bcceda786eaf814a238c735a724d55.jpg
85031d574e576800bcc0869d09732a54.jpg

Sister in law's car and her boyfriend's work truck. Didn't have the stomach to take pics of their town house, or our other friends house that we ripped floors and sheet rock out of.

I have a few customers in the area some are high enough to not be flooded others have had homes flooded but are ok. Anyone hear from Joel? he is over that way now.

Many prayers...we lived in Lafayette five years...many friends affected.

I'm in Lake Charles. We stayed dry over here.

Back