• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2008 Bandit 1250S ABS Signal Issues

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Browsed through the entire thread but nothing seemed to match what I'm up against. With the ignition ON, engine OFF, all lights work properly, all bulbs (all incandescant) illuminate, all signals work fine. Start the bike and everything works as designed, EXCEPT turn signals go into rapid flash mode. Left and right flash normal rate once or twice then begin flashing rapidly. The hazards work just fine.

Bike is completely stock, all bulbs are incandescant, and I believe bike still has factory flasher (7 pin variety). I have done a fairly thorough check on the wiring, connections, harness', fuses and grounds to no avail. I suspect the flasher however local dealer wants $100. Obviously I can order on-line but wondering if I'm on the right track.

Thanks in advance.

1-what happens when you try 4-way flashers? If ok, i would look elsewhere
2-i think you can get replacement electronic flasher from various on-lin sources lots cheaper; my .02
3-as my mechanic friend says" It's never a bad ground ".
4-get a factory manual; look in the bandit thread as some have posted where free ones are available
5-what about a DIRTY turn signal switch[might screw up with bike running]
6-dirty electrical connections will screw up whacky on a bike. Make sure no corrosion on plugs/jacks and CLEAN body, wire lugs on ground connections
7-good luck. stay in touch
PS: further tech assistance is billed at $100/hr

Possible bad blinker/wire?

Counterpoint to your first point: I had a car with a fast flashing indicator which told me that one of the four dual-filament bulbs on the rear was out (there were two on each side), but the flash rate was normal on the four-way mode.

Of course, you've already done a walkaround and watched the four-way switch light up all bulbs. But it is possible for one of them to be intermittent, possibly as the result of a fraying or broken wire, and that's why I mentioned the above.

I have a blinker which occasionally stops working, which leads to the fast flash. When I flick it around (it's within reach of my right arm, so I grab the clutch and coast) it starts working again. (The present tense in this scenario is a sad indication [ha] of my obtuse laziness. I say "obtuse" because I actually moved the indicator to that location after identifying it, instead of replacing it. Maybe it's not laziness, but cheapness?)

P.S. I thought this thread was going to be about a problem with the ABS signal. :)

Dances: your first point good to know as i didn't know some bikes used duel filament blubs.

Back