• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beyond Epic 3 motorcycle ride and rally - Sep 4-6, 2010 Clarksville, AR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don,

Unfortunately I'm not going to be there. I've got a family reunion that same weekend that I just can't miss. Rusty, bless his heart, is going to be the guy in charge.

Just arrived in Clarksville after braving the rains in south Oklahoma. The high temperatures should not exceed 85, so it will be great riding weather. The last of the rain should vanish by tomorrow.

:clap:

SEYA

RB

Well, it's set I think. I'll be loading the xt 225 and the Klr in the back of my truck and my son and I will be heading up to Clarksville on Friday. We're looking forward to some great riding and getting to know some of you guys. Later.:rider:

Rusty, will you have some small TWT stickers?

No TWT stickers, Squeaky does all of those. I will have both small and large Texas Adventure stickers though. Richard and I are getting together sometime today so he can give me some to bring.

Just road all over Mt. Magazine near Clarksville. The riding, as to be expected, is superb.

Highs in the mid 80s and sunny conditions will prevail.

:trust:

The road is waiting for you.

mag3.jpg

SEYA

RB

Arg. I still have to work half a day tomorrow before I head out.

I'm finally ready...

Valves clearance checked
New gas tank and gas line mounted
air filter cleaned
new DOT front tire with slime mounted
bolts checked (at east most..)
seat cover mounted (but it's still a 2X4)

Test driven for the first time about an hour ago just to make sure the front wheel does not leave me and the bike in the middle of the highway and that the gas tank works (and to get my self acquainted with my new boots.
Was the first time with the Berg on the highway - I don't think he like it too much. Just spent over a grand on the Berg, and I think a new seat and seat of sprockets will follow shortly...

Now I need to prepare my bag...

I hope to be leaving from Carrollton somewhere around late noon if anyone needs a ride.

Looks like my guess was pretty close.....We should be on the road by 4:30 & meeting Mudmissle around 7 near Greenville. Hugo OK is the stop for the night...then into the hills tomorrow.

Got home about an hour ago....
Had a fantastic time, incredible roads; thanks to Rusty and Red Brown for the rides.

A big thank you to solorider for the trailer ride and to jthompson for 'assisting' securing the bike... Enjoyed the ride and conversation.

I need to go back!

Camilo D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back