• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rough season for our household

Revelc

Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Last Name
Chavanne
My wife and I settled down in East Texas after a falling out I had with a ministry we were involved in. We planned on being full time missionaries and things just didn't play out quiet that way. So we both got jobs and began rebuilding our life together on 20 acres of bliss.

We started from scratch since we sold almost everything before we started traveling so its been tough but we manage.

Earlier this year my wife and I decided to get me a bike. We gave up some creature comforts to work it into our budget but it made a HUGE difference in our quality of life at home. I found my niche and my wife loved how it helped with my depression and funk. I put over 5,000 miles on it just in our local area before it ended up burning completely following a spill I took in the woods.

(This was also around the same time my son was born. He is our first and let me tell you it was a crazy experience. He was in NICU for a week and it was terrifying for us as new parents. He's healthy now but still has some vision problems to overcome)

It was insured and I quickly started looking for a new bike to replace it. I found a smoking deal on a WR450F. Brand new 2012 for only $5,500. We picked it up and I was out riding again! It was a beast. Loved to ride it on single track. I started riding with a few guys from here and Reddit and we had a blast.

(Then I got laid off at work after a new manager took over. I had a new job immediately but make considerably less money now.)

One guy really inspired me to get my heart right with God and to release some resentment I've had towards the church. My wife and I found a great church and attended a few services. Things were getting better and better. Someone even blessed me with some size 14 riding boots because we haven't been able to afford them.

Then bam. Some meth heads cut through our fence and stole the bike from in front of our home. It's really shaken us up and our insurance company is fighting the theft claim.

I just can't see God using something I love to introduce me to another believer who I could relate with, giving me favor on the WR450 sale, and then giving me a brand new pair of Alpinestars just to take away my bike.

I could use all kinds of prayer warriors here.
For my walk with God.
For my son and his eyes.
For favor with the insurance company or the return of my bike.
For my job situation.
For peace.
For my incredible wife who has been so strong in this season.

Thanks, God Bless...

I could use all kinds of prayer warriors here.
For my walk with God.
For my son and his eyes.
For favor with the insurance company or the return of my bike.
For my job situation.
For peace.
For my incredible wife who has been so strong in this season.

Thanks, God Bless...

Done

Okay, I've prayed for you all and will add you to my list.

I am and will pray for you.

I pray now that you understand God didn't have anything to do with this. When he gave us free will it meant that we control our own fate. When you pray, ask for courage, guidance and strength. And if things go wrong ask for forgiveness and acceptance.

I pray that God gives you the guidance and strength needed to handle the issues you have. I also pray that he forgives me for wanting harm to come to those that take what isn't theirs.

Keep your head up. Lean on those that are close and hold true to your faith.

I am and will pray for you.

I pray now that you understand God didn't have anything to do with this. When he gave us free will it meant that we control our own fate. When you pray, ask for courage, guidance and strength. And if things go wrong ask for forgiveness and acceptance.

I pray that God gives you the guidance and strength needed to handle the issues you have. I also pray that he forgives me for wanting harm to come to those that take what isn't theirs.

Keep your head up. Lean on those that are close and hold true to your faith.

Thank you for the encouraging words! I am very grateful for all the support.

I don't blame God. I do get mad at His kids from time to time though.

I have prayed for peace and understanding. I'm letting His will be done.

We are still going to church and plan on getting involved with a small group this week.

I used your family's experiences as a current example of faith for our men's Bible study group this week. (Current lesson on Heb. Ch 3)

Whatever you were doing seems to have really irritated ole Beelzebub.

I used your family's experiences as a current example of faith for our men's Bible study group this week. (Current lesson on Heb. Ch 3)

Whatever you were doing seems to have really irritated ole Beelzebub.

No kidding. My wife and I are called to do missions and it seems like when we try to line up with it things go wrong.

I hope that our situation was able to help in your message. Turning it around and using it against the enemy is awesome!

I am praying for you and your family. Thanks for sharing and reaching out. I've been having a pity party all day today, and I am ashamed of myself after hearing what you and your family are going through. God is using these trials to draw you closer to him and to conform you into the image of his son, Jesus Christ. May God bless you with his almighty presence and strenghten your faith so that you may be able to withstand the onslaught of the enemy. Also, God knows what is best for us and it doesn't always line up with what we think. My son who is now 8 years old was in NICU for a week when he was born and God answered our prayers and brought him through that, even though he suffered hearing loss as a result of one of the antibiotics that was given to him in Nicu. I wish he had full hearing, but the bottom line is that God's grace is sufficient and my son is learning to adapt and function normally. To God be the glory. Sorry I am so long winded here, but I needed to talk and I thank you for being patient with me.

I am praying for you and your family. Thanks for sharing and reaching out. I've been having a pity party all day today, and I am ashamed of myself after hearing what you and your family are going through. God is using these trials to draw you closer to him and to conform you into the image of his son, Jesus Christ. May God bless you with his almighty presence and strenghten your faith so that you may be able to withstand the onslaught of the enemy. Also, God knows what is best for us and it doesn't always line up with what we think. My son who is now 8 years old was in NICU for a week when he was born and God answered our prayers and brought him through that, even though he suffered hearing loss as a result of one of the antibiotics that was given to him in Nicu. I wish he had full hearing, but the bottom line is that God's grace is sufficient and my son is learning to adapt and function normally. To God be the glory. Sorry I am so long winded here, but I needed to talk and I thank you for being patient with me.

I typed a very long response but it didn't send :(

Here's the short and skinny.

I got run off the road and the driver hit my car denting and scratching it. The police never even showed up to make a report because I didn't get their plates.

I came home and realized I was blessed by my wife and son and everything else was irrelevant.

The next day Progressive called and said they escalated my claim and got it approved for coverage.

I just had to trust God and His timing.

I have a sister that a nurse overdosed when she was a month old. She died for 45 minutes. She's legally blind, deaf, mentally handicapped, and has a handful of other obstacles as a result of that.

She graduated high school from normal classes. (Took her a few extra years but she did it her way)

She then worked her butt off, saved up, and followed her dream. She owns her own bucking bull business now and we are very proud of her.

If she can do all of that nothing can stop your son!

Hang in there. God is BIG.

Back