• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beyond Epic: Aug 28 - Sep 1 2014, The Ozarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Beyond Epic: Aug 28 - Sep 1, The Ozarks

After this recent trip, we discovered the small town of Deer has gas again. They have 91 octane ethanol free. I told the proprietor that I would share this information, since he said he wanted to cater to motorcycle riders.

I was there the first week of June, we visited this station 3 times as we criss crossed the area. Watch for stray dogs and atvs on the roads.

Back to the topic at hand, planning on being in attendance for pavement riding. Trailering up as usual. Still deciding CB1000R/CB500F. Leaning toward the smaller bike for a more relaxed touring pace, subject to change as always.

I expect to attend - pavement - but I don't see that Days Inn on the Days Inn site..........?

I expect to attend - pavement - but I don't see that Days Inn on the Days Inn site..........?

It's not there. I don't think this is an official Day's Inn. In any case, the only to make a reservation is to call the motel directly.

It's not there. I don't think this is an official Day's Inn. In any case, the only to make a reservation is to call the motel directly.

Some people are staying at the Holiday Inn near by.

CAUTION: There IS a "Days Inn Clarksville TENNESSEE"

Days Inn Clarksville North
130 Westfield Court, Clarksville, TN 37040 US

And it is - get this - just off of I-40.

So be careful making reservations!

You have time to be ready...
Make the hotel reservation soon, see first post.

From mobile

OK.
Should I call to that phone nr? it is at the place? or is far away?

Go ahead and reserve now.
In the past they have been full with this group and regular guests.

From mobile

Hey Richard......
Thinking about making this....I've ridden all the great asphalt roads in AR, and they're hard to beat. I've only ridden ATV's off road in Ark. I'd like to do some dual-sport riding this time around......
Question:....What can I expect for trails/roads/single track, in this area......I just got back from completing the Utah BDR, so I don't expect Moab type riding.....But I'd like something a bit more challenging than just forest gravel roads where the big GS1200s and the other Winnebagos of ADV riding usually ride......Are there any river crossings, nice forested single tracks, hill climbs.....etc
On the Utah trip, the KTM 690 didn't skip a beat, it handled anything Moab threw at it....what a great place to ride
Looking forward to riding with you again....(Last time I was on a ride with you, "James River crossing" introduced me to a bit of Collar-bone pain......
bffr.jpg

0p9d7.jpg

1js9.jpg

Hey RichardQuestion:....What can I expect for trails/roads/single track, in this area.....I'd like something a bit more challenging than just forest gravel roads where the big GS1200s and the other Winnebagos of ADV riding usually ride......Are there any river crossings, nice forested single tracks, hill climbs.....etc

Gary,

You are in luck. The riding in the Ozarks tends to be either easy class 1 or challenging class 3. There isn't a lot of class 2 riding.

The class 3 stuff consists of steep hills, deep water crossings, downhill boulder-filled ruts, overgrown "roads", and thick vegetation. My last couple of trips there with JT and Jeter have resulted in us riding for 10 hours and covering maybe 60 miles...I think there is plenty of challenging stuff to ride. The Ozark ride guide is a good start for finding the fun class 3 stuff. Or, there is a ton of stuff we haven't explored yet that someone needs to go check out...

Last edited:

Does anyone know if there any fees or OHV decals needed to ride the trails in this area? Thanks

Does anyone know if there any fees or OHV decals needed to ride the trails in this area? Thanks

Not sure, but note that the OHV is valid for a year starting in August, so wait until the 1st to purchase. If you buy it now, it will expire by the end of the month & I'm not sure they prorate the cost. AFAIK.

Not sure, but note that the OHV is valid for a year starting in August, so wait until the 1st to purchase. If you buy it now, it will expire by the end of the month & I'm not sure they prorate the cost. AFAIK.
As in the movie..The Treasure of the Arkansas Madre..."We don't need no stinkin Badges"

Good Call. Thanks

As in the movie..The Treasure of the Arkansas Madre..."We don't need no stinkin Badges"

Agree...and I looked into it earlier today. It actually runs from September through August and is not prorated. Although it's only $16 so it doesn't really matter.

Santiago might ride with me as well...we're discussing this weekend.

NSA, this post is just for you.

I got the time off, from 08/28-09/01. Now to figure out lodging...

I heard from someone that recently made a reservation that this hotel is there but it's no longer called a Days Inn - could be a good reason it isn't on their list. If you go to Google Maps and search Clarksville, AR, for a Days Inn it comes up with the same phone number Richard lists in post #1.

Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express are very nearby also. If you go to Google Maps and look at street view where Days Inn is it still shows Days Inn... on both sides of the street. If you click on the link on Google Maps for Days Inn it takes you to their Clarksville, TN, page! Don't do it!!

I spoke to a USFS law enforcement officer last year in Broken Bow he said if you are street legal you do not need an OHV sticker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back