• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend - a guide for all motorcyclists

In case you ever edit the guide, here are a couple of things you could add about the Natl Park.

In my opinion, Old Ore Road is the roughest, nearly as much fun as Black Gap Road.

It's the northern half of Black Gap Road that is a challenge; the southern half appears to be completely different, and more tame.

Terlingua Ranch to Old Marathan Road across the northern part of the park is fascinating, long, and lonely. I enjoyed it very much, even though it is not the most challenging. The Ranch residents I met were friendly, and wished me well.

If you camp at Cottonwood, Old Maverick Road to Kathy's is a great way to start the day, no matter where you are going! There, you can find Uncle, and other good company!

Thank you!

- MacEntyre

Richard, Paypal sent and I hope it's not too late. This will give me time to study it over thoroughly before venturing down there for the first time.

Hey Richard,
Received the book and maps yesterday. Thanks for doing all the leg work to help make my upcoming trip easier to plan.

Richard,

Thanks so much. This little guide is fantastic!! Thank you.

Probably should have grabbed one of these. Sitting in Lajitas right now :)

Fast shipping. Thanks Richard. I'll only have 3 days for Dual sport riding and 2 days for pavement only. I know where I want to go on the pavement but which dual sport rides should I not miss?

Thanks again,
Dennie

Hi, Dennie.

With 3 days for ds riding I vote for the following routes:
The Big Loop in BB National Park
Pinto Canyon
The Ranch route in BB Ranch State Park

Last edited:
Paypal issues:

Riders,

Anytime a payment is made via paypal a notification is sent to alert me of the payment. However, in the past few weeks there have been a couple of cases where paypal has not notified me when a payment is made.

Every order that I get via paypal I respond with an email to the person letting them know I received the order and when their order will be mailed to them.

Since there appears to be some issues with the paypal notification system, if you have ordered something recently via paypal and haven't received a confirmation email from me please let me know as I may not realize you placed an order.

I have sent a message to paypal alerting them to the issue. My apologies to anyone who has not received their order in a timely manner.

got the guide in on thursday. thanks.
One of the trips in the guide you mention is across the border from Presidio. Is that still ok to do with all the stuff going on in Mexico?
later
michael

Michael,

The drug war stuff hasn't really been an issue in the Big Bend area. I wouldn't hesitate to ride over to Peguis Canyon.

Richard,
just got clearance to make the ride next week.can I register there,and will you have guides available to buy?

Thanks
Jim W

Jim,

You can register now via paypal or you can register at the rally. I'm bringing extra ride guides with me, but please see me early Thursday morning before the riders meeting at Kathy's, just in case I sell out of the guides.

See you in Terlingua.

Rich

Richard,
just got clearance to make the ride next week.can I register there,and will you have guides available to buy?

Thanks
Jim W

Back