• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ottis Lance Team USA

Reaction score
For any of you who may know Ottis or know of him, he was hit last week head on by a careless car driver. His right leg is horribly damaged. 5" of missing femur, huge trauma to the tissue and muscle, broken ribs, fractured vertebrae, lacerated liver. The DR.'s have been back and forth on saving his leg, but have pressed forward at every stage (3 surgeries so far and more to come)based on the fact that he is a Racer and he makes his living in the Industry.
At this point the current worry is infection.
Prayers please guys and gals lets pray for GODs will and hope its near our own.
Ottis stood yesterday for a few minutes with a hoist and a walker. There is a surgery coming up so let's pray for strength for him and his Family.

What a drag to hear.Known Lance from back in the days knee dragging out of Fort Stockton in the 80's up on Mcdonalds Observatory road.Ottis could always fly thru curves...a fearless flyer.Prayers sent your way Ottis...Stay strong....

Oh man that is bad news.

I know Ottis from meeting and riding with him and his friends when I lived at the Observatory. He had moved from Fort Stockton and lived in San Antonio at the time.

On a ride down River Road from Presidio it seems like he spent more time on the back wheel than on both. Riding the road to the observatory I didn't get to see much of him as he was so amazingly smooth and fast.

When we met he was recovering from breaking a leg in six places at Laguna Seca. He is the most talented rider I have had the pleasure of sharing road with. He was still in the Guiness Book then as the previous holder of the fastest wheelie in the quarter mile.

I remember visiting him in SA, his ferret climbed through the arm of my jacket and startled me when its head came out the sleeve beside me. I didn't know he had a ferret until that moment.

Riding his pocket bike on the cul de sac his house was on was a blast I will always remember.

I lost touch with him over the years, only recently learning he was up in the DFW area.

Best wishes Ottis, and a speedy recovery. My thoughts are with you.

Back