• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Denton Don

Gilk51

Reaction score
First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
Good ole Denton Don (donroger1) is in need of some prayer. I got this message from his wife, Ramona, on FB:

Hey Chuck. Don is in the hospital in Carrollton due to blood clots after his knee surgery last week. Prayers are appreciated. Also let his Two Wheeled group know (if he hasn't posted already)

Here's to hoping for a quick recovery and back home soon.

I've been thinking about him a lot lately - now with purpose.

Hope you improve quickly and feel well soon, Don!

Prayers and thoughts sent...

Don is a great guy and one of the first members of TWTEX I met the at the local pie run.

RB

Thanks all!!

I am pretty happy with the way things have worked out this week.

The surgery followup disclosed the cause of continuing pain (blood clot) and being in the hospital when the upper chest pain appeared for the PE. (blood clot migrated to the lung)

The bottom line is they are certain that the clots are a result of surgery and once my blood is thinned to a "therapeutic level", I will get to go home.

It is a wonderful thing that God takes care of us even in our ignorance. ;-)

Glad to hear it was not something more serious! :thumb:

Thanks all!!

I am pretty happy with the way things have worked out this week.

The surgery followup disclosed the cause of continuing pain (blood clot) and being in the hospital when the upper chest pain appeared for the PE. (blood clot migrated to the lung)

The bottom line is they are certain that the clots are a result of surgery and once my blood is thinned to a "therapeutic level", I will get to go home.

It is a wonderful thing that God takes care of us even in our ignorance. ;-)

You are very lucky to still be with us!

If you or your lady need anything, neighbor Don, just shout out!

Thanks folks!

All here is progressing "on schedule". That schedule looks like several more days before freedom but still on schedule.

All I need is patience........;-)

It's a shame that everyone looks forward to getting out of the hospital so that they can get some sleep. :giveup:

Best wishes on a quick and complete recovery. :clap:

Glad to hear things are looking up, Don. Will keep you in my prayers.

As an update, had quite a bit of difficulty finding a Doctor willing to manage my warfarin treatment under our Workers Compensation Insurance group.

Closest Doctor is in Decatur.
He is still adjusting dosage trying to keep me in the therapeutic range and fighting workers comp to get the refills originally provided by the hospital.
Surgeon says I'm good to go to start physical therapy but need the Decatur Doctor's okay as well. Also need to find a physical therapist who will play with our workers comp.

It's all a great adventure. Still very short of breath from the PE but the Doctor says that will diminish over the next two months. One can only hope!!! ;-)

As an update, had quite a bit of difficulty finding a Doctor willing to manage my warfarin treatment under our Workers Compensation Insurance group.

He is still adjusting dosage trying to keep me in the therapeutic range and fighting workers comp to get the refills originally provided by the hospital.
Surgeon says I'm good to go to start physical therapy but need the Decatur Doctor's okay as well. Also need to find a physical therapist who will play with our workers comp.

It's all a great adventure. Still very short of breath from the PE but the Doctor says that will diminish over the next two months. One can only hope!!! ;-)
Onward and upward! :clap: :sun:

Glad to hear the news. Another alternative is if you stick to the Forks Over Knives diet diligently, I bet you will not need blood thinners after 1 year.

RB

Glad to hear the news. Another alternative is if you stick to the Forks Over Knives diet diligently, I bet you will not need blood thinners after 1 year.

RB

Certainly worth a look Fred!

The upside is because the clot was a result of surgery, they only expect 6 months of "rat poison" treatments. :trust:

Continued prayers, got to get you healthy for TRAMP 2015!!!

Absolutely Tony!!

Part of the problem with already having a reservation is that it is already half paid for with the remainder to be paid on arrival. (or failure to properly cancel)

The bike is definitely ready.

Other than the knee healing, the Doctor doesn't want me riding until he has sorted out my dosages. He doesn't ride but fears I could bleed out in a minor riding incident.............. really? I carry bandaids. :trust:

Back