• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

prayers for those losing jobs

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

All,

I am a 39 year veteran of the oil industry. Boom and bust and office closings and forced transfers and cuts and trims and reorganizations are the game. Well as some of you know, oil has crashed hard due to world wide geopolitics and supply- demand economics. This morning I had three different cohorts, from different companies call or email to say they had been cut, or layoffs were in progress.

May I please ask for prayers for those now dealing with loss of employment?

thanks in advance

I have dreaded this day since the oil collapse late last year. The layoffs were inevitable but no less painful. Schlumberger announced 9000 layoffs today.

Prayers made for the oil field and related workers made. We all know some families affected.

Prayers for all the families. Behind all those numbers that are thrown around so easily by the media are people, young and old, families with little ones, supporting small businesses.

My dad was always in the oil business and it was up and down my whole life. I feel for those families having to deal with this latest drop in oil prices. Prayers go out to all of those families affected by this.

Oil is like oxygen: we all use it everyday, we are dependent on it but we take it for granted !

Prayers sent!

Back