TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > Texas Adventure Rider's Assoc.

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 02-23-2017, 01:14 PM   #101
rustylane7

Re: Texas Adventure Riders Association

I am late to the party, just now seeing the action here but count me in as a Houstonite. I am not the most dependable riding buddy but the website will certainly help me keep track of events and attend the ones i can.

What would be very helpful and beneficial to us all would be if there was a section of the website with maps/gps files for routes broken down by region. Something easy to navigate without having to dig through forum ride reports. This would obviously take rider contribution but could help those of us who are unfamiliar with routes out of our area.
http://www.motoscreenz.com/

#texasdualsportriders
rustylane7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:46 PM   #102
SilverBullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustylane7 View Post
...What would be very helpful and beneficial to us all would be if there was a section of the website with maps/gps files for routes broken down by region. Something easy to navigate without having to dig through forum ride reports. This would obviously take rider contribution but could help those of us who are unfamiliar with routes out of our area.
There is a subforum for this but it hasn't picked up much participation yet,

http://www.twtex.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135

_
2002 KTM 300 EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:02 PM   #103
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post

_
Probably because it is not dirt specific

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:36 PM   #104
rustylane7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post

_
That is part of my point, I love forums don't get me wrong but threads get buried and people lose track. Like the way he did it here, I forget which user it was but it is from the thread you posted under Big Bend routes: http://tautologous.com/openridemaps/BigBend/
http://www.motoscreenz.com/

#texasdualsportriders

Last edited by rustylane7; 02-23-2017 at 04:45 PM.
rustylane7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:46 PM   #105
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

A good way to search forums is to use Google and do something like this,

site:www.twtex.com big bend routes

That should only return results for threads/posts on www.twtex.com. Google does a better job than the forum's built in search engine sometimes.

You can do that for any site.

I understand what you mean about threads getting buried and then the info you want getting buried in a thread. That kind of search helps with this issue. Also, this is why I set up the Ride/Trip Planning subforum with the GPS subforum. I guess I could move the GPS forum up one level so it can be seen on the main forum listing page.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:45 PM   #106
JoToPe

I'm in. Jampad and dualsportrider, you guys beat me to this thread - I'm late to the party.
Rich
JoToPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:16 PM   #107
Jampad

Glad you could finally make it, JoToPe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 KLR650
Jampad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:24 AM   #108
jdsmetx

I just posted a DS ride I am planning for March 18 in the Houston area. This ride is to help get the TARA started in our area and help maybe grow intrest in resurrecting the ET750! If you are interested please postup on this thread link:
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthre...11#post1489411

DR650 "Donkey"
DL1000 "Thunder"
jdsmetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:05 AM   #109
RevverUp

Amarillo/Northwest Texas group would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RevverUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:56 AM   #110
Trail Boss
TWT Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevverUp View Post
Amarillo/Northwest Texas group would be great.
I agree. Contact me and we will get you set up to organize a group in that area.

"Nice bike. Have you taken her to Mexico? All bikes want their owners to take them there. " - tricepilot

Dirt, sweat & gears - adventure is calling

www.texasadventure.net
Trail Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:54 AM   #111
TravelDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevlec View Post
Houston Meeting Info:

In addition to anyone who has a chance to talk with Joe (jdsmetx) this Saturday at the SHNF workday we are going to tag onto the regular meeting of the West/Central Houston Dual/Sport group on Wed March 8th. Details to follow on location and time.
What time is your meeting Wednesday at Live Oak in Houston? Our Dual-Sport group normally meets at 7pm but I could make it earlier this time if necessary. Also I need to reserve a room.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2002 BMW F650GS "Hans"
2006 TW200 "Weed Hopper" aka "The Yout'"
TravelDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:08 PM   #112
Rick M
Forum Supporter

In
Ktm 690 Enduro
Kawasaki KLX 450 R Dualsported
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:31 PM   #113
jredford

Fantastic idea Richard. Thanks for doing this.

2013 FJR
2007 CRF450X
jredford is offline   Reply With Quote