TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > Texas Adventure Rider's Assoc.

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 02-03-2017, 08:15 AM   #21
Simmons1

Re: Texas Adventure Riders Association

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_flavius View Post
What about a D/FW group? I suppose I'd be closest to them.
Richard has asked me to help out with a DFW group. I am going to give it whirl but we are basically starting out at ground zero.

A couple challenges I see in DFW are as follows:

1. The DFW area is so big and traffic is bad enough that it is tough getting Fort Worth folks to go East and Dallas folks to go West on a regular basis, especially during the week for a monthly Meet and Greet.

2. The area being big also makes it a challenge to have monthly rides that are semi convenient to all in DFW because of the time it takes to get across town.

3. The last challenge is personal for me and that is my current work schedule will prevent me from doing much if any scouting to come up routes "local" to DFW for regularly scheduled rides.

Since participation is key for the success of any group long term I would like some suggestions or opinions regarding DFW from those of you that live in the DFW area.

Some questions to start you thinking:

1. Is it better to have a M&G on a week night or a weekend?

2. Would you prefer a Breakfast lunch or Dinner meeting if on the weekend?

3. Does it makes sense to have an East and West DFW M&G alternating locations every month?

4. Does anyone have any favorite day rides they would be willing to share so we can get started quickly with some monthly rides?

I would like to see this be a long running success in DFW. The more local participation we have the more successful the DFW group will be.

At this point I am open to any and all thoughts and suggestions.

Feel free to post in this thread, or shoot me a PM

Thanks!

Rich

Some people buy motorcycles for road trips
while others buy them for ego trips.

Where's Rich been lately?

Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / ST1300 / KLR650 / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750 / H1 500

Last edited by Simmons1; 02-03-2017 at 08:19 AM.
Simmons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #22
Trail Boss
TWT Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TossingLead View Post
I like it also Richard,
a calendar with links to the events would be nice, I could bring it up and see what's happening monthly or by the year.
A calendar with links is a fine idea.

I have created one on the website, in the upcoming events section.

I am working on adding all the events to it.

"Nice bike. Have you taken her to Mexico? All bikes want their owners to take them there. " - tricepilot

Dirt, sweat & gears - adventure is calling

www.texasadventure.net
Trail Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:36 AM   #23
hizzo3

I like it. Lately I'm tight on time from buying an older house in need of TLC, but I'm willing to pitch in where I can for the cause.
Regarding the DFW region, I would agree that it might need to be split. Maybe sub-group type splitting? No clue.

I am also hoping that this could, at some point, start helping fight to save places for us to ride.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

DL1000K6, VN750A20

Last edited by hizzo3; 02-03-2017 at 10:38 AM.
hizzo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #24
ghostrider1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsguy View Post
Chapter in this area?
Maybe we can sign you up!

http://adventureridersoftexas.com
ROLL The Bones 8, October 213-15, 2017 http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:41 AM   #25
ghostrider1964

Any suggestion for meet spot in Centex area for M&G...also what night or weekend?

http://adventureridersoftexas.com
ROLL The Bones 8, October 213-15, 2017 http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:26 AM   #26
Littlegeneral

Richard, I'm the promoter for the Annual Texas Redneck Ramble Dualsport ride, if there is any way to help you further the sport please let me know. As for the DFW area I lead DS rides here often. I'm about to launch a Newbie program to help the new comer learn basics of our sport with a ride full of instruction and pointers. The next Ramble will in Glenrose Tx May 6 and 7th. REL
Littlegeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:00 PM   #27
maximus_flavius

IMO , DFW would need to be split. There's a lot of riders west of DFW. I would think most Ft Worths meet ups would wanna be west Ft Worth/Weatherford.
maximus_flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:15 PM   #28
Simmons1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegeneral View Post
Richard, I'm the promoter for the Annual Texas Redneck Ramble Dualsport ride, if there is any way to help you further the sport please let me know. As for the DFW area I lead DS rides here often. I'm about to launch a Newbie program to help the new comer learn basics of our sport with a ride full of instruction and pointers. The next Ramble will in Glenrose Tx May 6 and 7th. REL
Thanks for posting up Robert!

Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / ST1300 / KLR650 / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750 / H1 500
Old 02-03-2017, 02:15 PM   #29
Trail Boss
TWT Advertiser

Riders,

Sander Avant is taking the lead on the San Antonio chapter and will be organizing/planning event in the SA area. He will be along shortly to post the details of what is planned for San Antonio.

"Nice bike. Have you taken her to Mexico? All bikes want their owners to take them there. " - tricepilot

www.texasadventure.net
Old 02-03-2017, 02:16 PM   #30
Trail Boss
TWT Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegeneral View Post
PM sent.

www.texasadventure.net
Old 02-03-2017, 02:24 PM   #31
Simmons1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_flavius View Post
IMO , DFW would need to be split. There's a lot of riders west of DFW. I would think most Ft Worths meet ups would wanna be west Ft Worth/Weatherford.
I have the same feeling. I'll respond to your PM when I am not at work.

Rich

Old 02-03-2017, 02:27 PM   #32
rydethis72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmons1 View Post
Richard has asked me to help out with a DFW group. I am going to give it whirl but we are basically starting out at ground zero.

A couple challenges I see in DFW are as follows:

1. The DFW area is so big and traffic is bad enough that it is tough getting Fort Worth folks to go East and Dallas folks to go West on a regular basis, especially during the week for a monthly Meet and Greet.

2. The area being big also makes it a challenge to have monthly rides that are semi convenient to all in DFW because of the time it takes to get across town.

3. The last challenge is personal for me and that is my current work schedule will prevent me from doing much if any scouting to come up routes "local" to DFW for regularly scheduled rides.

Since participation is key for the success of any group long term I would like some suggestions or opinions regarding DFW from those of you that live in the DFW area.

Some questions to start you thinking:

1. Is it better to have a M&G on a week night or a weekend?

2. Would you prefer a Breakfast lunch or Dinner meeting if on the weekend?

3. Does it makes sense to have an East and West DFW M&G alternating locations every month?

4. Does anyone have any favorite day rides they would be willing to share so we can get started quickly with some monthly rides?

I would like to see this be a long running success in DFW. The more local participation we have the more successful the DFW group will be.

At this point I am open to any and all thoughts and suggestions.

Feel free to post in this thread, or shoot me a PM

Thanks!

Rich
Richard,
I love this, and feel it will be good to get more people together and ride. I would like to help out where I can with the DFW area.

Rich,
I am in East Dallas, I agree with most as feel it would be better split. As both east and west grow we can possibly do a quarterly meet and greet and twice a year group ride with both groups. Just a thought.

I think a weekend meet and greet works best, but I am also with you as due to work (I currently work in the industry) The weekends work best for me. But that is just me. I would really like to see success with a DFW group as well and want to contribute in any way I can.

I'm going to send you a pm when I get home tonight.
rydethis72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:16 PM   #33
jdsmetx

Looking for some folks in the Houston area that might be interested in starting up a SE Texas Chapter?

DR650 "Donkey"
DL1000 "Thunder"
jdsmetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:35 PM   #34
SpiritAtBay
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmetx View Post
Looking for some folks in the Houston area that might be interested in starting up a SE Texas Chapter?
Calling Hail to the white courtesy phone...C'mon, Brad, you'd be great at this!

gina

'09 Suzi DL650 (Quite possibly the best bike for me)
'00 Yami TTR250m (Dirty Sally)
'12 KTM 690 Enduro (O Orange One/ "3 Oh")

"Due to circumstances beyond my control,
I am master of my fate and captain of my soul."

Hemingway's Invictus, with a modern twist

"There's lots of things along the road
I'd surely like to see
I'd like to lean into the wind
And tell myself I'm free"

Townes Van Zandt
SpiritAtBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:21 PM   #35
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

The former Texas Adventure subforum has now been changed to the Texas Adventure Rider's Assoc., subforum. Previously, only Trail Boss and Shadman had the ability to start a new thread there. Now anyone can do so. All the original content is still there as well.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:22 PM   #36
dualsportvet
Forum Supporter

I'm in!

I'd like to help, but can't commit to anything until after my boy ships out to boot camp. Should be March time frame. Once he's out I'll have nothing keeping me home. I'll post once he's out.

Texas Africa Twin Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/408075406212122/

Combat Engineers 89-2001, can't get there without us.
dualsportvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:40 PM   #37
Traxx

I will help where I can for the DFW chapter, I am in North Ft Worth.
Traxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:49 PM   #38
Simmons1

The first highly unofficial planning meeting is being held right now at Friday Night Ice Cream Bike's at Burger Box in Richland Hills.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:01 PM   #39
Traxx

Looks like i missed it
Traxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:02 PM   #40
TheD-Man
Forum Supporter

So.....ADV = DS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk