• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Bridge from "Second Hand Lions".

Marc B

Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Briggs
The wife and I went for a ride this morning, first out to Park road 1 at Bastrop state park, from Manor we took Blake Manor road to fm969 to Bastrop hwy 71 east to Alum Creek road, left on alum creek to park road 1, then right for a few miles of beautiful tree covered ups and downs, we cut out of the park at Ann Harbor rd back to 71 then headed to Elgin via hwy 95, from Elgin we continued on 95 towards Taylor, I asked Deb if she would like to see the bridge from second hand lions and she said yes, it's in Coupland halfway between Elgin and Taylor right off 95, The Bridge doesn't have a name that I know of or even a historical marker but it is well maintained and always a pleasure to see.
IMG_1096.jpg
IMG_1097.jpg
IMG_1100.jpg

What a neat bridge! Sounds like it was a fun ride all the way around. :rider:

Next time turn on Harmon Rd and you will get about 2 more miles of park road. It is dirt for 3/4 mile, though. It might not be that fun for a pillion ride.

The Park Rd 1C is my favorite paved road around here, by far. I rode it this afternoon.

My wife and I just returned from a burger run to Fayetteville & did so via park road 1 as well. One of my favorite motorcycling roads. :thumb:

Hey Joel, we went by the entrance to the trails but I was thinking the same thing, not good for two up and turned around at the cemetery.

I loved that movie and I used to eat in Coupland 35 year ago when the cafe was one of the original all you-can-eat BBQ joints in the Austin area. There were more people in line on Friday night than the town's population. The cafe is still there, but it is a traditional little cafe when I checked last fall.

Gotta get a pic of my orange Tiger on this bridge. Which direction does one head from Coupland to find it?

P.S. We took a dual sport ride last Saturday and found the wooden bridges are slick in the drizzle. At least the one on Old Maypearl Road is a great photo op but no traction until dry.

Someone say Tiger? :trust:

Tiger_bridge_sm.jpg

Head east from downtown across the RR tracks. First county road to the left. Head north about 1/2 mile.

Last edited:
Thanks for the directions !! Marking my map now.

Also, that is one beautiful Triumph.

Posted already on the 650L thread but....

Finally made it! Cool!!:cool2: I've been meaning to get over there for awhile.

CIMG4895Copy.jpg

BastropJoel searching for treasure under the bridge.:trust: Great ride destination!:thumb:

CIMG4897Copy.jpg

Yesterday; Caution, Wet Paint!

20150328_141819_zpsgqvpvpj1.jpg

We considered riding across anyway if it wasn't for the electric fence against the dirt barrier on the other side. Our only other option was to ride over the dirt pile but 4J didn't want to scratch his Tenere. :rofl: :lol2: :rofl:

20150328_141915_zpswg8n6rcg.jpg

its name is "Brushy creek bridge", or Coupland bridge, was built in 1912 and is 140 feet long.

Back