• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Baja's Roaming Texas

Years back I did a few reports while on the road in the ADVRider forum. Even a few way back in the mid 90's when hardly anyone posted pictures. A major time consumer on the road. I still take my hat off to anyone doing while on the road.
Judge Roy Bean, stopped by there on my last trip on the Bandit. Great history. Even enjoyed talking to the lady that had the store just down the road. Stopped for a quick snack and spent 30 mins in conversation with her. It's memories like that you never forget.
Keep it coming , I'll keep reading it ;-)

Thank you achesley.

I have to improve my RR, at lot.
Have been so many place by myself and seen such beauty with no one to share it with.
My RR reports are suppose to do that.
But pictures just can not convey the true sight nor thougths at the time of seeing it.
I was disapointed in my pictures that i could not embed my thoughts into them.
Like the one i wanted M38A1 to look at and see what it 'spoke' to him, if it was the same as to me.

Thinking it over, i would have stayed out, but what i came to realize was that i dreaded sleeping with the bag and pad i have now. That has changed now.

I am getting ready now to leave next week (mid).
No idea where to, but just going.
Still no timeframe or when to be back.
Well, i do have to be back by first week of June, might ride the tat.

Well I'm certainly enjoying seeing what you've seen! Been to many of the same places, and seeing others do the same just brings back MY memories with a smile.

Keep up the ride reports if YOU want to do them. You'd be amazed at how many of us read them but don't really comment. But we ARE reading them.

These days I find myself saying "I'll probably never stop by here again" so I stop, take it in, record it if it looks good and then move on. When I get fuel, I write down the notes in my head from that tank of fuel on the receipt. Makes the ride report easier. Well, that and a map in front of me so I can retrace my steps and there's probably a beer involved. :chug:

Keep at it. We're waiting. :rider:

Well M38A1, on that note I will keep going with my RR and do the best i can at improving them.

Have decided where i am going, might be latter part of next week i can leave.
No, i an't gonna tell y'all. Y'all can follow my spot and make as many 'educated' guesses as you want.... :)

Don't like the way Spot works, used their API to put on my web site.
Now it will show a full history of each travel, not just the last 7 days.
But for as long as my server has the memory to store it in the DB.

Will not be too many pics, but they will be interesting, at least to me.

I had orginally written the my spot page to support a ride on the Lone Star Loop.
Meaning i could flag that location with safe or stealth tenting locations. But since i am not going to run it, will change it up.

Looks like it's going to work from what little testing i have done.

Now, do i just continue this as a continuing report or not...
Change the title and think i will, unless someone tells me it needs to be in a diff thread.

This will be my new spot page: http://nicoradv.com/spot/
Looks like spot missed some receiving some locations.
Like i said the org only display 7 days, this one will display forever and a day.

I always kept a small ( 4 x 6 in ) note pad in my tank bag to write down things at each stop. Tempreture, Place, Gas amount and cost if filling up, interesting things since the last stop. I still have most of these little note books and it's interesting , say 10 years or so late to go through them and smile.
Another habit I got into when GPSs came along was saving each days track file in Garmin mapsource. This due to my habit of of seeing a road and thinking , what's there? I was not a route following person, just a general direction. When getting home , it was interesting to see exactly where all I ended up at.
My only regret of solo travel is , like mention, those moments when coming up on something just so cool and no one to share it with, and , so fast , no picture time. I also learn to take pics on the fly and bought cameras that allowed me one hand operation. Great help in getting those fast pics.
Keep it coming, we'll be reading for sure.

Thanks achesly.
I was planning on taking a small sprial notebood this next time.
Have my spot setup for infinite history on my web site.

Next trip starting later this next week I plan to write a better RR, or at least give it all i know how.

Next trip:
time length: have to be home by mid July.
trip milage: 10,500+. could increase to 12,500+ if i go looking for a young lady that i met some 15+ years ago. But that story will be in the next RR.

Both myself and riding partner (coming from N.C) received orders wrong from Revzilla.
Trip departure delayed till end of this coming week, else would have been Monday.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Your linky no worky

Fixed...
http://nicoradv.com/Image_History.php?active=1

I am going to have to do something to keep the images seperate, but still under Rambling Texas, this will include all of Texas and nothing else.
Right now you will have to scroll to bottom... images look too big, guess i could put an index marker on the images.

Maybe thumbnail images to click on, like directory...

In referance to the picture that did not come out.
The grave was of a solder, not Civil War, as his title was something older than that or rather the disignation of the units at that time.
Seems like he was killed in an Indian skirmish going by the name given the skirmish. Which of course i can not remember.

Last edited:
Back